British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

12 hours ago, stevebrum said:

It was all nonsense. Rules that were rules then not rules then ignored conveniently!

Lets hope we don’t have anything similar for 2019 although my guess would be it’s very possible!

Matt Ford confirmed there is no 'one over the 8' rule for 2019!!  Its in today's local Echo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dabbsjoe said:

didn't he have a big fall out with Chris Louis last season ?

Yes - re the call off against Glasgow

8 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Piotr Pawlicki isn't a GP rider, he hasnt been since 2017, the same situation as Peter Kildemand

Pawlicki was in the GP (just leaving) when the rule came into force and Kildemand had only appeared due to injuries to other riders.

6 hours ago, DJWolves said:

Comments from Peter Adams in this week's Speedway Star seems to confirm that neither Freddie, Tai or Pawlicki will be in the Wolves team next year. So I think my prediction of Masters, Thorsell, Nick Morris, Howarth, Wells, Morris and maybe Kling wont be far off the  mark.

Adams only said on Monday night Pawlicki has been contacted and they are waiting to see his reply. He may well say no, but he is a rider that gives full entertainment and would be a big scoop if he returned as he hasn't had enough meetings in the last two seasons. 

Nick Morris was rumoured a lot in September but Swindon have to strengthen their team and releasing a rider under seven points a meeting that could add two points to that figure would be a big gamble foe Robins to release him. 

I would love to see Pawlicki back if he was committed to riding in the UK. Don't know what came first, Adams interview in today's Speedway Star, or the talk in on Monday. But in the Star he says they have made efforts to contact Pawlicki and he hasn't bothered to reply. So their presumption is he doesn't want to ride here

4 minutes ago, DJWolves said:

I would love to see Pawlicki back if he was committed to riding in the UK. Don't know what came first, Adams interview in today's Speedway Star, or the talk in on Monday. But in the Star he says they have made efforts to contact Pawlicki and he hasn't bothered to reply. So their presumption is he doesn't want to ride here

Maybe talking with another club??!;)

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

May be the one he allegedly had sponsorship and machinery all set up for 2018 down South before the one over 8 rule scuppered everything ?? Of course would not want to spread rumours as last time that happened there were alleged sighting of him in a well known South Coastal Town ;)

We may know if he were to turn up in Abu Dhabi all of a sudden but that would be pure conspiracy theory :D

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well he shouldn’t be without Wolves giving permission!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Think we need to get a reality check.

We all know chances are every season riders will play the situation to seek out the best deal possible irrespective of whom may own them as an asset in UK. However whether they get approval to ride elsewhere ultimately has to be down to the asset owners approval if said rider expresses a wish not to ride for his so called parent club.

If for example Pawlicki said  - I don't want to ride for a Monday Club because I want to ride POL Sunday - Swe Tue and then UK Thursday (mainly) as it suits my commitments and travel arrangements better, then maybe a case ??. Plus more meetings are likely to be on a Thur with Mondays limited to a few dates per season which I prefer ??

Only giving an example here as a possible argument not to ride for Wolves ??.

A lot of the riders I think drive from POL and then use ferries for Swe so would not have to fly POL/UK - then UK to SWE and the Swe/POL and then POL/UK and then UK/POL.

Just thinking aloud here.

Shamek was in talks with Poole last year, not Piotr and they are awaiting a reply as he sorts out his Swedish contract if he is going to ride there. If he doesn't, Britain may fill the gap. Would be one of the best riders in the league if he returned but think he will end up doing Sweden again. 

Masters, Thorssell and Howarth (new GSA has him now at 4.96 without deduction) all look certain and with one old and one new face likely to join them, they obviously have a clear indication which way the team will be built. 

Old face is a rider that has rode here before but not recently (not Pedersen) and Pawlicki could be under that bracket, but so does Matej Zagar, Kim Nilsson, Andreas Jonsson and a few others.

New face could be Becker, Bernzton, Kling or any newbie

20 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt Ford confirmed there is no 'one over the 8' rule for 2019!!  Its in today's local Echo.

That is good news for those that want to employ better riders.

15 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Wolves gave permission for 2018!!

Wolves announce first signing Monday morning according to official site.

im hoping Pawlicki has been confirmed but unlikely.

26 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Howarth.

Can't go far wrong on a 4.96.

• Like 2