British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague/Nice Polska promotion/relegation play-offs Sunday October 13th live on TV

13 minutes ago, CB252 said:

:rolleyes: perhaps Torun can use Bartosz Zmarzlik next week?

After another couple of wonderful days of Polish action, trust British Speedway to bring us all down to earth with it's utterly farcical rules, which we insist are a necessary evil, even though no other Speedway league in the world employs them!

What do you suggest then???? Can't sustain a squad system over here and R/R for a number one is a no no ....why don't Swindon and it's supporters just suffer and run with 6 riders? That better?

We move on to next weekend with Friday and  Sunday Extraleague matches with the SON event 2 from Manchester. sandwiched in between- all UK times

Friday May 10th Zielona Gora v lublin Eleven Sport 1 programme starts 4.30pm 1st race 5pm

Saturday May 11th Rybnik v Gdansk Eleven Sport  2 programme starts 12pm  1st race 12.15pm

Sunday May 12th Lodz v Daugavpils  Polsat Sport programme starts 1.45pm

Sunday May 12th Grudziadz v torun N Sport programme starts 3pm 1st race 3.30pm

Sunday May 12th  Czestochowa v leszno N Sport programme starts 5.30pm 1st race 6pm

Edited by racers and royals

6 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

What do you suggest then???? Can't sustain a squad system over here and R/R for a number one is a no no ....why don't Swindon and it's supporters just suffer and run with 6 riders? That better?

Well, each team having a contracted no 8 from the Championship would be a stsrt now there's no race night clash.  Effectively you are then employing a squad system.

I mean, Torun wont replace Doyle with a rider of equal standing from their squad will they, so they will be weakened by it.  It's part and parcel of credible sport.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Sign Craig Cook....

Even if only temporary...

Or let any of the six Swindon riders take all his rides up to a maximum of seven rides for any of them..

Eg Batchelor and Musielak could take two each and still ride Heat 15..

Thats what other sports would do...

As would the same sport in Poland and Sweden..

• Like 1

A few questions from the weekends polish racing that I hope someone on here might be able to help with

- How come Janowski didn't take his last race for Wroclaw? He didn't appear after his crash with Buckowski. 

- is there bad blood between Gorzow & ZG ? The crowd seem really pumped up and Protisewicz & Vaculuk particularly so. Perhaps the latter as it's his ex team

- Doyle any update after his crash? Looked a heavy fall but I thought Zagatr excl. was a home decision

-  Okay, this really gets my goat, (and is more if a comment that a question) I've seen this a few times this year where a crashed rider gets up and quickly as his team mate is leading and clears the track only for the ref to stop the race. It's happened twice against Lublin. 

5 minutes ago, James Carter said:

A few questions from the weekends polish racing that I hope someone on here might be able to help with

- How come Janowski didn't take his last race for Wroclaw? He didn't appear after his crash with Buckowski. 

- is there bad blood between Gorzow & ZG ? The crowd seem really pumped up and Protisewicz & Vaculuk particularly so. Perhaps the latter as it's his ex team

- Doyle any update after his crash? Looked a heavy fall but I thought Zagatr excl. was a home decision

-  Okay, this really gets my goat, (and is more if a comment that a question) I've seen this a few times this year where a crashed rider gets up and quickly as his team mate is leading and clears the track only for the ref to stop the race. It's happened twice against Lublin. 

Janowski broke his collarbone.   Doyle broke a rib and punched a lung. 

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Janowski broke his collarbone.   Doyle broke a rib and punched a lung. 

Really surprised by that from Magic he was up so quickly to check on Buckowski. Supposed to hurt like hell as well breaking a collar bone. Tough lads!

Doyle also sounds really painful but that crash looked really nasty. 

Must be doubtful for the first sgp?

27 minutes ago, James Carter said:

Gorzow and Zielona Gora is the biggest derby and rivalry in world Speedway- they hate each other with a vengeance. I am a bit surprised you didn`t know that.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Gorzow and Zielona Gora is the biggest derby and rivalry in world Speedway- they hate each other with a vengeance. I am a bit surprised you didn`t know that.

I just watch the matches and I cant speak polish. Don't have time for anything else with work and family. 

I am a bit surprised you didn't know that.

• Haha 1

TV matches announced for round 6- all UK times

Friday May 24th Gorzow v Grudziadz  Eleven Sport 1 start time 5pm

Friday May 24th Czestochowa v Wroclaw eleven Sport 1 start time 7.30pm

Sunday May 26th  Lublin v Torun N Sport start time 3.30pm

Sunday May 26th  Leszno v Zielona Gora N Sport start time 6pm

Edited by racers and royals

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

TV matches announced for round 6- all UK times

Friday May 24th Gorzow v Grudziadz  Eleven Sport 1 start time 5pm

Friday May 24th Czestochowa v Wroclaw eleven Sport 1 start time 7.30pm

Sunday May 26th  Lublin v Torun N Sport start time 3.30pm

Sunday May 26th  Leszno v Zielona Gora N Sport start time 6pm

As always, some 'tasty matches'..

Got myself a 'firestick' for the season and have watched every match so far..

WOW!

How Speedway truly could be is the over riding impression..

Can't do British Speedway much good I would think though with so many UK fans now having access to what's on offer in Poland..

Must confess, I haven't attended anywhere so far this year, but will be there at the SON on Saturday..

As an aside. It was interesting how many starting issues there were at Swindon the other night, yet in Poland there seems to be total compliance to the rules. With the Start Marshall even ensuring all are arrow straight with no rider allowed to be pointing at an angle..

Something to learn over here?

Anyhow, many thanks R and R for all your updates, much appreciated..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mikebv said:

As always, some 'tasty matches'..

Got myself a 'firestick' for the season and have watched every match so far..

WOW!

How Speedway truly could be is the over riding impression..

Can't do British Speedway much good I would think though with so many UK fans now having access to what's on offer in Poland..

Must confess, I haven't attended anywhere so far this year, but will be there at the SON on Saturday..

As an aside. It was interesting how many starting issues there were at Swindon the other night, yet in Poland there seems to be total compliance to the rules. With the Start Marshall even ensuring all are arrow straight with no rider allowed to be pointing at an angle..

Something to learn over here?

Anyhow, many thanks R and R for all your updates, much appreciated..

I was thinking exactly the same as i watched on Monday. If the start marshall pulled everyone tight up to the tapes  as he does in  Poland it very much reduces the opportunity to roll forward and get a flyer.

• Like 2