British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague/Nice Polska promotion/relegation play-offs Sunday October 13th live on TV

6 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Interesting to compare to a common product rather than to wages. Take a pint of beer as an example. How many pints of beer would admission be in each country?

In the UK, with beer in the pubs at £3.50 (round figures) a pint and CL / PL admission in the order of £17.50 (ish) you could say that that speedway admission costs about 5 pints of beer.

In Poland, that "£10 admission" would be about 48-50 Zlotys (depending on how it was rounded up or down) With beer in Poland being around 7-8 Zlotys, you could say that the admission there is in the order of 6-8 pints of beer.

By that logic (economists call it "opportunity cost") speedway in Poland is actually more expensive than in the UK.

£3.50 a pint.     Is this 2010 prices ?

Edited by Mark

On 6/23/2019 at 9:57 PM, racers and royals said:

We move on to next weekend- 6 meetings to enjoy .- all UK times

Friday June 28th Leszno v Czestochowa Eleven Sport 1 programme starts 4.45pm 1st race 5pm

Friday June 28th Torun v Grudziadz Eleven Sport 1 programme starts 7.15pm 1st race 7.30pm

Saturday June 29th Gniezno v Tarnow Eleven Sport 1 programme starts  4pm 1st race 4.15pm

Sunday June 30th Gdansk v Daugavpils Eleven Sport 2 programme starts 1.15pm 1st race 1.30 pm

Sunday June 30th Wroclaw v Gorzow N sport programme starts 2.45pm 1st race 3.15pm

Sunday June 30th Lublin v Zielona Gora N Sport Programme starts 5.30pm 1st race 6pm

Gdansk v Daugavpils http://www.maniak.tv/kanal-2  

Wroclaw v Gorzow and Lublin v Zielona Gora  http://www.maniak.tv/kanal-7    http://www.drhtv.com.pl/drhtv-1.html

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Czestochowa have 3 GP winners yet don't make the playoffs, amazing really. Or is it 4? Has Adrian Miedziński won a GP as a Wildcard? No matter no other team has 3 riders that have won a GP in the last few years.

Obviously NKI, Doyle & Chris Holder have all won a GP on Torun books. But Holder & NKI's last wins must be a while ago. For the record I doubt NKI will have trouble finding Ekstraliga employment next year, along with Doyle. Might do Jack good holding down a regular team spot in Nice Div 1.

Or ever? Memory not great.

FZG - Pedersen. Dudek (probably). Protasiewcz, MJJ (unlikely).

Leszno - Kolodzeij, Sayfutdinov. Hampel (probably).

No to Wroclaw & Lublin.

Grudziadz - Lindback. Bjerre (unlikely).

Gorzow - Zmarzlik. Kasperzak (probably). Kildemande (maybe).

Have no sympathy for Turon being relegated, team manager using Jack Holder (#8) instead of Paweł Przedpełski cost them his services. Przedpełski may not have developed into the world beater they hoped but certainly would rank in top 10 poles if you ignore the U21 reserves & such Polish riders have to fill 16 team slots.

5 hours ago, Col said:

Czestochowa have 3 GP winners yet don't make the playoffs, amazing really. Or is it 4? Has Adrian Miedziński won a GP as a Wildcard? No matter no other team has 3 riders that have won a GP in the last few years.

Obviously NKI, Doyle & Chris Holder have all won a GP on Torun books. But Holder & NKI's last wins must be a while ago. For the record I doubt NKI will have trouble finding Ekstraliga employment next year, along with Doyle. Might do Jack good holding down a regular team spot in Nice Div 1.

Or ever? Memory not great.

FZG - Pedersen. Dudek (probably). Protasiewcz, MJJ (unlikely).

Leszno - Kolodzeij, Sayfutdinov. Hampel (probably).

No to Wroclaw & Lublin.

Grudziadz - Lindback. Bjerre (unlikely).

Gorzow - Zmarzlik. Kasperzak (probably). Kildemande (maybe).

Have no sympathy for Turon being relegated, team manager using Jack Holder (#8) instead of Paweł Przedpełski cost them his services. Przedpełski may not have developed into the world beater they hoped but certainly would rank in top 10 poles if you ignore the U21 reserves & such Polish riders have to fill 16 team slots.

I know it was the middle of the night when you posted- were you still on the sauce ? Woffinden and Janowski not won a GP ??

• Haha 2

Przedpelski? are you serious? have you seen his performance in Czestochowa this season?

so GP winners in each club:

Torun - NKI, Doyle, Chris Holder, Rune Holta

FZG - Pedersen, Dudek, Vaculik, MJJ

Leszno - Kolodziej, Sayfutdinov, Hampel, Piotr Pawlicki

Wroclaw - Janowski, Woffinden

Grudziadz - Lindbaeck, Bjerre

Gorzow - Zmarzlik, Kasprzak, Kildemand

Czestochowa - Lindgren, Madsen, Zagar, Miedzinski

Lublin - Andreas Jonsson

7 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I know it was the middle of the night when you posted- were you still on the sauce ? Woffinden and Janowski not won a GP ??

I am aware Woffinden & Janowski have won GP's recently, but I was asking if any team other than Czestochowa had 3 riders who had won a GP in the last few years. Wroclaw have two, certainly not a third.

It is difficult to sleep when the next door neighbors eldest's 18th Birthday is still going on!

Totally forgot Vaculik. That answers the question, FZG have three GP winners from the last couple of years for sure.

3 minutes ago, Col said:

I am aware Woffinden & Janowski have won GP's recently, but I was asking if any team other than Czestochowa had 3 riders who had won a GP in the last few years. Wroclaw have two, certainly not a third.

It is difficult to sleep when the next door neighbors eldest's 18th Birthday is still going on!

I half thought you might have meant that but changed my mind when you listed the Grudziadz 2 :D

Edited by racers and royals

Can't if watching on laptop you're stuck with it for 600 seconds at start. Hence why I'm watching it on phone until it's gone.

4 minutes ago, Col said:

Can't if watching on laptop you're stuck with it for 600 seconds at start. Hence why I'm watching it on phone until it's gone.

that 600 esconds is rubbish- there is a small cross on the advert which you have to click off- it might take you to another page but click that page off and the coverage will be clear.