British Speedway Forum

Dogs Allowed?

34 minutes ago, Shrub said:

Guide and other working dogs are certainly not pointless, the pet ones to me are. I haven't a problem with people who like dogs, that isn't what I said. It was a genuine question as to why the need to drag them along to speedway? 

You don’t need to drag a dog to fresh air, on a grass bank. It will take you. Although they don’t like the cinema. 

My Border Collie Lucy doesn't need dragging as she actually waits by the door when I'm going to Beaumont Park and before that Coventry since she was 9 weeks old.  To answer your question ~ in my case company on the journey to Brandon and I would feel safer with a dog with me if the car broke down.  Same reason for Leicester, also it's quite a trek back to the shopping centre car park in the dark.  I really don't know why you find it such a problem if people have a dog with them  as owners obviously wouldn't  if they were distressed or annoying to other fans. Everyone knows Lucy and she gets lots of fuss, then when the match starts she just goes to sleep. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Shrub said:

Guide and other working dogs are certainly not pointless, the pet ones to me are. I haven't a problem with people who like dogs, that isn't what I said. It was a genuine question as to why the need to drag them along to speedway? 

You sound like a real twit ...

2 minutes ago, brandonmole said:

You sound like a real twit ...

Thanks brandonmole for your intelligent input. I asked a genuine question and a couple have had the decency to explain why. If not being a fan of dogs and failing to understand why so many fawn over the creatures makes me a twit then fair enough. As someone with obvious cerebral capacity perhaps you can enlighten me further as to what I'm missing out on.

• Like 1

I've never had a problem with dogs at speedway. Met quite a few over the years and without exception they were well behaved, friendly when approached and the owners had them completely uinder control

Some parents could do well to take lessons on their charges behaviour from the dog owners.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Dogs unless guide dogs should never be allowed in . Could i bring my horse in on a lead ? whats the difference ?

If you can’t tell the difference between a dog and a horse, you shouldn’t leave the house. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, False dawn said:

All I asked was which tracks let dogs in. :(

Hey, you've got nothing to feel bad about; you asked a legitimate question.

Steve

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hodgy said:

If you can’t tell the difference between a dog and a horse, you shouldn’t leave the house. 

My pet horse was banned from Perry barr in the 2014 season .He jumped the fence onto the track during a heat went running round the track. Until that point he had been great company to me and others during the meetings and now i have to catch the bus home which is a bit of a pain because until 2014 i would ride home on my horse. 

I have contacted the club numerous times since to see if they will lift the ban and every time i have received a rejection letter back.

5 hours ago, False dawn said:

All I asked was which tracks let dogs in. :(

Always brings criticism from some on here as I found out when I dared to mention the subject several years ago. I'm quite relieved now that I don''t go to any tracks  these days other than Leicester, who do allow dogs, and very occasionally Peterborough who also allow them. 

P.S. please don't fall out about something this trivial.  The sport retaining the "odd" fan who wants to bring his dog to meetings has got to be less important than say, a corporate giant trying to destroy an iconic venue or our sport facing total collapse before I pop my clogs. 

Edited by False dawn

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:48 AM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Dogs unless guide dogs should never be allowed in . Could i bring my horse in on a lead ? whats the difference ?

I think some promotions might bridle at that