Dan as had 2 bad smashes in his career involving his legs, would imagine both could have potentially halted his career. So he comes back for the last 2 GPS.....where racing is at the very top level, probably just to test his level of fitness, plus get his mind-set focused onto what speed is needed. Good stepping stones, he used good judgement. I'm pretty certain last thing on his mind was to win a GP this year in these 2 meetings. I reckon he will be well pleaded getting a LCQ spot. Next year, if Dan wants to be world champ, what he has to do is what Lambert has done this year.....grab the challenge and take his skills to a higher level. Robert did some very daring moves in these last half dozen GPs....very similar to what Zmarzlik has been doing over his winnings career. That's where Dan has to go, into opportunities and open them up. Puts the wind up me just thinking how brave these top level riders are, but I'm not the one who wants to be world champ, and only one of them per year can be. I hope Dan does it.