British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

One League

Neil Watson has just suggested that a Championship side pays about £4K per match to its riders and the Premiership about £10k, but each home fixture has to cover an away fixture’s pay too.

So the CL needs £8k per fixture and the PL £20k.

Quite a surprising difference.

46 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Neil Watson has just suggested that a Championship side pays about £4K per match to its riders and the Premiership about £10k, but each home fixture has to cover an away fixture’s pay too.

So the CL needs £8k per fixture and the PL £20k.

Quite a surprising difference.

What I said, responding to MikeBV on another thread, was: ‘Each Club pays its own riders home and away of course, so a home meeting needs to cover rider pay for one home and one away meeting. A good rule of thumb is 100 points home and away, in my opinion £20k would be right at the top of the range; for a Premiership Club paying more than average and scoring well home and away (hence successful, which should enhance the crowd).  Around £12k would be nearer the mark.’

£20k was MikeBV’s figure, not mine

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

What I said was: ‘Each Club pays its own riders home and away of course, so a home meeting needs to cover rider pay for one home and one away meeting. A good rule of thumb is 100 points home and away, in my opinion £20k would be right at the top of the range; for a Premiership Club paying more than average and scoring well home and away (hence successful, which should enhance the crowd).  Around £12k would be nearer the mark.’

Apologies, I mis-read that.

So a typical wage per match would be (£4K CL), £6k PL or £10k for a top PL club with big crowds?

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Apologies, I mis-read that.

So a typical wage per match would be (£4K CL), £6k PL or £10k for a top PL club with big crowds?

They would be reasonable figures in my opinion.

1 minute ago, NeilWatson said:

They would be reasonable figures in my opinion.

Thanks. And thanks for all of your posts, which are usually very helpful.

• Like 1

I would agree those figures in the PL say 50 points at home paying an average of £120 per point (£150 top end; £80/£100 reserves).

Interesting to know what doubling up/down riders settle for? Say a PL reserve who is also a CL Heat leader?

Edited by Skidder1

57 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Interesting to know what doubling up/down riders settle for? Say a PL reserve who is also a CL Heat leader?

PL reserve pay and CL heat-leader pay