British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Big decisions in November.

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

I was just playing along with you.

The reality is, of course you can remember it. It's clearly something that's an issue with you hence you harping on so much on this thread.

As many do when they have no argument, they make something up to back it up.. with some its the laughter in the pub, you've invented that you can't remember it as your reasoning behind not liking it.. when that's all you can come up with, it speaks volumes.

I genuinely can't remember, probably because more often than not these days it's not an issue a lot of matches tend to be easy home wins.

Anyway stop it now, you're only embarrassing yourself

19 minutes ago, iainb said:

It maybe semantics but it is fact. In Speedway it's league points in the other sports mentioned they're bonus points, for reaching set goals during a match

It isn't fact. They are league pts as well, or are you claiming they don't count in the LEAGUE TABLE..

Why do you have to make things up?

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

OK, fair enough.

I like rugby’s ten minute sin bin for a yellow card. Do you think football should do the same?

There would probably be riots at a lot of grounds

Just now, BWitcher said:

It isn't fact. They are league pts as well, or are you claiming they don't count in the LEAGUE TABLE..

Why do you have to make things up?

You should try reading the rules... Then come back to me

1 minute ago, iainb said:

You should try reading the rules... Then come back to me

So you are claiming that they don't count towards the league pts? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

So you are claiming that they don't count towards the league pts? 

Again difficulty reading/thinking

How are you able to get on in life?

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Again difficulty reading/thinking

How are you able to get on in life?

Easier than you because I can remember the difference between 6 and 7.

FACT: You are wrong

FACT: Other sports have games where the away team can score more for a draw than the home team

FACT: Those points count towards the LEAGUE PTS regardless of how often you try and claim they don't.

12 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Easier than you because I can remember the difference between 6 and 7.

FACT: You are wrong

FACT: Other sports have games where the away team can score more for a draw than the home team

FACT: Those points count towards the LEAGUE PTS regardless of how often you try and claim they don't.

Zzzzzzzz boring and wrong, give yourself a rosette

I'm still waiting for you to come back to me with those rules in other sports

Edited by iainb

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

Zzzzzzzz boring and wrong, give yourself a rosette

I'm still waiting for you to come back to me with those rules in other sports

The irony.

I don't need to come back with anything.

Prove to me that the extra pts earned, for whatever the set criteria may be (rugby, cricket, speedway they all have their own criteria), don't count towards the league pts total in those other sports. Do that, and I'll hold my hands up and accept you were right all along.

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

It suited those with a bigger home track advantage.

I never really had a problem with it, but if you ask most what it's purpose was the answer will be to keep interest in a meeting alive (score wise) for longer..  Well the current system does that far better.

Where they shot themselves in the foot is scrapping the extra pt a home team got for winning by more than 6.. now 46-44 is as good as 49-41. The reasoning being home fans supposedly went home unhappy if they missed out on the extra pt after winning a meeting....

Gotcha!  Thanks

10 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

The irony.

Prove to me that the extra pts earned, for whatever the set criteria may be (rugby, cricket, speedway they all have their own criteria), don't count towards the league pts total in those other sports. Do that, and I'll hold my hands up and accept you were right all along.

Who said they don't count, the only one of us that has mentioned that is you. It would be "ridiculous" if bonus points didn't count.

I'm still waiting for you to acknowledge that the same amount of points are awarded for a draw... It's there written in their rules..  but of course you can't read properly

21 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

The irony.

You know how bad my memory is, I was forgetting that you're a bit thick, so I'll help you out.

Rugby Union:

4 points for a win. 2 points for a draw. 1 "bonus" point for winning whilescoring at least 3 more tries than the opponent. 1 "bonus" point for losing by no more than 8 points (the value of a converted try under the law variations used during those seasons).

Cricket:

A team is awarded 16 points for a victory, with both sides earning eight points for a tie and five points apiece if a match is drawn.

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

You've said it.. and you've been proven wrong. Multiple times.

Can you imagine a sport where 1pt = 15, 2pts = 30... you wouldn't get that in any other sport. It would just be 'ridiculous'. Such a sport would be a laughing stock!

As long as you are right let's move on eh!!!!  f...  sad to be honest nothing changes with you.

12 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

As long as you are right let's move on eh!!!!  f...  sad to be honest nothing changes with you.

Don't stop him/her... It's keeping me entertained during the Peterborough match... Better value than the racing

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1