British Speedway Forum

Just been picking up stuff on this forum about the Rising Star plan and my immediate reaction to all I have read is that this plan seems far too

complicated for old fans like me to understand.  Lots of criticism from folk who seem to understand it all.  What no one has answered is the

question...what does the plan set out to achieve that is not being achieved already ?  To find more good young Brits ?  Or is the idea

to simply rid the sport of all the riders over 25 ?    I am a natural sceptic of complicated plans...I wish I understood this one fully.

• Like 5

Never mind old fans trying to understand it EEF... try and explain it to any new fans coming into the sport...

Uncle Len once said it's quite a simple sport really 4 blokes racing round a circuit on bikes for 4 laps going as fast as they can...

It's over complicating the sport unfortunately and as much as the old timers like us are important it needs the young kids and families through the door... 

I don't think this brave new world is the way forward unfortunately 

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 8:29 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Never mind old fans trying to understand it EEF... try and explain it to any new fans coming into the sport...

Uncle Len once said it's quite a simple sport really 4 blokes racing round a circuit on bikes for 4 laps going as fast as they can...

It's over complicating the sport unfortunately and as much as the old timers like us are important it needs the young kids and families through the door... 

I don't think this brave new world is the way forward unfortunately 

Regards 

THJ 

As an ex-Hammers fan and now a converted Kent follower, I would have expected some kind of official explanation of these new rules.

At present I have only picked up bits from this forum and since most of those are just opinions, they haven't told me much. Just sounds complicated.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

As an ex-Hammers fan and now a converted Kent follower, I would have expected some kind of official explanation of these new rules.

At present I have only picked up bits from this forum and since most of those are just opinions, they haven't told me much. Just sounds complicated.

Being a neutral, i don't care about the rules. I just want to see some decent racing on a well prepared track. I want a well run meeting that represents good value for money. Is that too much to ask, or are my expectations too high!

5 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Being a neutral, i don't care about the rules. I just want to see some decent racing on a well prepared track. I want a well run meeting that represents good value for money. Is that too much to ask, or are my expectations too high!

Amen to that !!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Being a Newcastle fan, i don't care about the rules. I just want to see some decent racing on a well prepared track. I want a well run meeting that represents good value for money. Is that too much to ask, or are my expectations too high! Don't even care about the results

• Like 5

22 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I want to see well prepared track,close racing with evenly balanced teams,very few delays (difficult I know),and Kent to win all meetings with last Heat deciders. lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Being a Newcastle fan, i don't care about the rules. I just want to see some decent racing on a well prepared track. I want a well run meeting that represents good value for money. Is that too much to ask, or are my expectations too high! Don't even care about the results

Being a neutral, i really don't care about the results. Enjoy your club whilst you have one. Mine closed 15 years ago, with flats and a football ground being built on it's site.

On 2/4/2021 at 3:05 PM, cityrebel said:

Being a neutral, i really don't care about the results. Enjoy your club whilst you have one. Mine closed 15 years ago, with flats and a football ground being built on it's site.

As an ex-Hammer I can relate to that.  Must admit I have settled in to being a Kent regular instead but news of a Hammers revival at

Thurrock fills me with hope.  While having a comfortable seat at Central Park, which I never had at Arena, is attractive to an oldie like

me, if the Hammers do get back, it might be bye bye to Kent.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 2:29 PM, cityrebel said:

I've been off this forum for some time now but have just checked back in - I walked past Plough Lane today and I had a tear in my eye, no it wasn't the wind but the unbelievable amount of construction that has gone on. The football stadium has been completed but obviously, with the pandemic, they are not allowed to play there yet. Being a local and going down the dons all my life I really miss the place and having seen pictures of the football ground, I cannot understand why speedway is completely out of the frame.

The other thing that bothers me is they haven't done anything for the infrastructure in regards to transport etc but hey, what do I know. 

Now sorry about my rant and back on subject

Kent Kings is now the closest track to me and I will go when I can but that early start time just kills me getting there most of the time. Good luck to everyone racing this year and I hope we do get to see some racing :t:

Edited by DragonsDen

1 hour ago, DragonsDen said:

I've been off this forum for some time now but have just checked back in - I walked past Plough Lane today and I had a tear in my eye, no it wasn't the wind but the unbelievable amount of construction that has gone on. The football stadium has been completed but obviously, with the pandemic, they are not allowed to play there yet. Being a local and going down the dons all my life I really miss the place and having seen pictures of the football ground, I cannot understand why speedway is completely out of the frame.

The other thing that bothers me is they haven't done anything for the infrastructure in regards to transport etc but hey, what do I know. 

Now sorry about my rant and back on subject

Kent Kings is now the closest track to me and I will go when I can but that early start time just kills me getting there most of the time. Good luck to everyone racing this year and I hope we do get to see some racing :t:

Welcome to the forum !  I know how you feel.  My origins are with the old Custom House Stadium where West Ham were my team.  That is now

a housing estate.  Then I followed the Hammers to Arena Essex...a poor home for such a great team in reality...only for that to close on me.

Kent may not be my birthright, as it were, but at least I get to see decent racing in comfort every week.  Lots of fans don't have that at present.

On 2/12/2021 at 11:37 PM, East End Fan said:

Welcome to the forum !  I know how you feel.  My origins are with the old Custom House Stadium where West Ham were my team.  That is now

a housing estate.  Then I followed the Hammers to Arena Essex...a poor home for such a great team in reality...only for that to close on me.

Kent may not be my birthright, as it were, but at least I get to see decent racing in comfort every week.  Lots of fans don't have that at present.

Lots of Kent fans might be denied that too if your record as the speedway Jonah carries on ;)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Lots of Kent fans might be denied that too if your record as the speedway Jonah carries on ;)

How hilarious

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Most speedway fans in the south east are Jonah's. The majority of us supported Defunct clubs at one time or another.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Most speedway fans in the south east are Jonah's. The majority of us supported Defunct clubs at one time or another.

Sadly, that is very true.  Every London track now history and all those fans with no club unless they've moved into Sussex or Kent.