British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
customhouseregular

Your best speedway year

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Both the PC's     and Lee never had the chance to express themselves in a GP format Chunky ??? .

What has that got to do with anything?

FYI, bloody autocorrect changed "falcace" to false, so I don't know if that threw you...

15 minutes ago, chunky said:

Opinions don't matter here; FACT does. Everything false said is true.

You are right when you say Tai never ever won a one-off final; he wasn't riding then...

Good old Chunky FACT really dream on in your your own mind it might.  Av a rethink Chunky on this post the arrogance of yourself is embarrassing .

1 minute ago, chunky said:

What has that got to do with anything?

FYI, bloody autocorrect changed "falcace" to false, so I don't know if that threw you...

Nothing threw me but you dont like to be challenged do you? never have.!!!! 

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Good old Chunky FACT really dream on in your your own mind it might.  Av a rethink Chunky on this post the arrogance of yourself is embarrassing .

Why do you get so offended when someone has the temerity to disagree with your arrogance and biased opinions?

I know you believe that your opinion is far more important than truth and fact, but again, there is nothing that falcace said that is not true.

Edited by chunky

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

Nothing threw me but you dont like to be challenged do you? never have.!!!! 

I don't like it when...

1) People think that opinions outweigh fact

and...

2) When people make false accusations - like you frequently do

Just now, chunky said:

Wit do you get so offended when someone has the temerity to disagree with your arrogance and biased opinions?

I know you believe that your opinion is far more important than truth and fact, but again, there is nothing that falcace said that is not true.

Take a deep breath Chunky, don't have a heart attack please .The truth and Fact is do you really know the difference.??  Probably when it suits you.

5 minutes ago, chunky said:

I don't like it when...

1) People think that opinions outweigh fact

and...

2) When people make false accusations - like you frequently do

FACT  really !!!! outleighten me me please.!!!!' 

Take a deep breath Chunky, don't have a heart attack please .The truth and Fact is do you really know the difference.??  Probably when it suits you.

Oh, I'm perfectly calm! I just don't get why you are so offended by me agreeing with a factual post made by someone else. Or why you are AGAIN accusing me of things that aren't true.

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

FACT  really !!!! outleighten me me please.!!!!' 

You tell me ANYTHING that falcace said in his post, that is NOT true.

Woffinden better than Craven, Collins,Lee,  you tell me and explain in your own little way why you feel you know better.???

Yet you feel that YOU know better? That ONE World Title makes someone better than a three-time World Champ with a far superior record?

Of course, Collins must be better than Woffinden because YOU think so.

Of course, Lee must be better than Woffinden because you think Tai is an *rsehole.

I have frequently stated on here how supremely talented Michael Lee was, but he wasted it. Plus, Lee's record of "questionable" decision-making and unreliability far outweighs anything that you feel Woffinden may have done wrong.

1 minute ago, chunky said:

Yet you feel that YOU know better? That ONE World Title makes someone better than a three-time World Champ with a far superior record?

Of course, Lee must be better than Woffinden because you think Tai is an *rsehole.

I have frequently stated on here how supremely talented Michael Lee was, but he wasted it. Plus, Lee's record of "questionable" decision-making and unreliability far outweighs anything that you feel Woffinden may have done wrong.

Do you ever learn?? Woffinden i quite like he is not an as..h...   but Craven, Collins/ Lee there records are pretty good too.Lee made mega mistakes that cost him  his career  but he still achieved quite alot. Collins could of won three titles if had had luck on his side Craven died aged 29 when approaching his peak nothing against Tai give the riders i have named credit.

10 minutes ago, chunky said:

I don't think so but my humble opinion says winning a one off final with no semi final is harder than winning over a ten round plus period.Tai is good but Collins, Lee  were no mugs BUT you love Tai Chunky  can't say anything against him.

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

Do you ever learn?? Woffinden i quite like he is not an as..h...   but Craven, Collins/ Lee there records are pretty good too.Lee made mega mistakes that cost him  his career  but he still achieved quite alot. Collins could of won three titles if had had luck on his side Craven died aged 29 when approaching his peak nothing against Tai give the riders i have named credit.

When have I EVER not given those riders credit? I just prefer to judge individuals on what actually happened, and not what MIGHT have happened.

I was a big fan of Collins, and he COULD have have had FOUR world titles in a row. Due to a series of unfortunate events, he didn't.

I wasn't a fan of Lee, due to his dubious record. Again, he was perhaps the most talented rider of all time. However, due to his mental frailties, he never got close to fulfilling his potential. So, it doesn't matter what he COULD have achieved, he DIDN'T.

Craven, I never saw, so it is difficult for me to say. He was clearly a brilliant rider, but tragedy prevented him from adding more world titles. Had he continued, he may well have won more, but we just don't know.

Woffinden? Maybe not as naturally talented as Lee, and not as unfortunate as the two PC's, but through hard work and determination, and not a little skill, he has gone on to produce far and away the best World Championship record of ANY British rider. It is that record that makes him - in my view - the best British rider of all time. And he is not finished yet.

In view of my comments above - and what I have posted previously - I fail to see how you can keep accusing me of not giving credit to other riders.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I don't think so but my humble opinion says winning a one off final with no semi final is harder than winning over a ten round plus period.Tai is good but Collins, Lee  were no mugs BUT you love Tai Chunky  can't say anything against him.

Stop f*cking accusing me!  I have NEVER intimated that you can't say anything against Tai! There are things he has said and done of which I'm not a fan, but I can say the same about most riders. Peter Collins included.

However, going by his on-track feats, it is impossible to look past his superb record.

If you think it is easier for Tai to win a GP series, you may be right. However, it is easier for EVERYONE! In the old days, everybody rode in different numbers of meetings to be World Champion. At least what we have now, everybody has exactly the same chance...