British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tomazpozrl

Wild cards for Wroclaw 29.5.

Taken from polish websites :

Wild cards for 3rd round of GP series in Wroclaw are Rafal Kurmanski and Krzysztof Kasprzak.

It's true but in my opinion it's a huge mistake! :o:blink:

Kasprzak has just come back after a one month long break because of an injury and no one knows how he will be riding in coming weeks. However, for some reasons I can understand that decision. But Kurmanski!? :angry: ... He started this season very badly and all in all he's just not in a good form. Unless he does something with himself or his bikes soon he will not do anything in Wroclaw GP :(

My favourites for wild cards were Wroclaw's Slawomir Drabik and Torun's Wieslaw Jagus. They are both quite old, but in a great form and they should have given them probably the last chance for running in SGP...

What about Rafel Dobrucki? I know his form in the Polish league hasn't been great so far this year but he has been flying for Oxford.

What about Rafel Dobrucki? I know his form in the Polish league hasn't been great so far this year but he has been flying for Oxford.

Rafal is actually one of the reserves for the series so maybe that excludes him?

Rafal is actually one of the reserves for the series so maybe that excludes him?

No because last year David Howe was reserve and rode as a wildcard for Cardiff and then in Krsko as a reserve.

A recent snippet on the SGP Site said

Six riders hava a chance to ride with a wild card in European Grand Prix in Wroclaw (May, 29th). Polish Motorcycling Association will choose two of them on April, 26th and send its proposal to FIM.

Slawomir Drabik Robert Miskowiak (Atlas Wroclaw), Rafal Kurmanski (ZKZ Zielona Gora), Wieslaw Jagus (Apator Torun), Janusz Kolodziej (Unia Tarnow) and Krzysztof Kasprzak (Unia Leszno) are the candidates.

"Nobody can be certain yet" - said the vicepresident od Polish Motorcycling Federation, Andrzej Grodzki. We will decide after next the next round of Extraleague, with takes place on Sunday. Media in Poland claim that Drabik is favourite to be given a wild card. "I can't confirm, I can't deny. But it is likely, that we will choose young riders" - said Grodzki. In that situation Drabik don't have much chances, as he is 38.

Doesn't look like Dobrucki was even under consideration looking at the above.

I'd have loved to have seen Kolodziej taking part, having seen him ride at Reading a few times. Kasprzak has never quite convinced me. I don't think I've seen Kurmanski ride so I haven't got an opinion either way on him. Jagus, despite being late 20s early 30s is a rider who has impressed me and I often wonder how he would fare in the EL, he's certainly good enough.

I guess it might be another slightly political choice of Wild Card, given that Tarnow already have 2 riders in the field - hopefully Janusz can continue to impress and he might be given a Wild Card chance in Bydgoszcz.

Rico

Edited by Rico

lol, so nobody knows who the wildcards are!

I'm pretty sure that on the SGP site it said Kurmanski & Kasprzak. Now they back-track!

Oh the Professionalism of the sport :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that on the SGP site it said Kurmanski & Kasprzak. Now they back-track!

Oh the Professionalism of the sport :rolleyes:

Tom, wild cards are definately Kasprzak and Kurmanski.

Oh the Professionalism of the sport  :rolleyes:

Tom, wild cards are definately Kasprzak and Kurmanski.

OK :D

Ive seen that the wild cards are S.Drabik & W.Jagus :unsure:

Yes, apparently Kasprzak and Kurmanski were Polish federations' choices, but FIM and BSI decided to give wild cards to Wieslaw Jagus and Slawomir Drabik.

Yes, apparently Kasprzak and Kurmanski were Polish federations' choices, but FIM and BSI decided to give wild cards to Wieslaw Jagus and Slawomir Drabik.

Interesting move by the FIM and BSI if it's true.....have they disregarded a National Federations choices before?

Personally, I think it could be quite a good move.

Too often we are seeing the National Federations picking young hopefuls who prove to be way out of their depth in an SGP.

Getting a proven performer like Drabik is more likely to give some entertainment to us lot that turn up to watch....