British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Plymouth Gladiators 4pm 27/06/2021

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Hope your wrong 

It has been known... but would you like a small wager... 

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Hell of a fine if you don't complete the season.

Correct

1 hour ago, Redflag said:

Tomorrow’s meeting at Plymouth postponed. 

Did you expect anything else with the England Germany match on the box... although I have been talking to a good friend of @lewy who lives down there and he said the weather is (and has been) atrocious... So one consolation I suppose when the sun is cracking the pavement up here for a change...

Barker should now be back for Berwick away on Saturday and Scunny at home on the Sunday... weather and football permitting...

Regards 

THJ 

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Correct

Did you expect anything else with the England Germany match on the box... although I have been talking to a good friend of @lewy who lives down there and he said the weather is (and has been) atrocious... So one consolation I suppose when the sun is cracking the pavement up here for a change...

Barker should now be back for Berwick away on Saturday and Scunny at home on the Sunday... weather and football permitting...

Regards 

THJ 

Yes the rain has been biblical down here,when I drove past the track this morning the 3and4 bends were totally underwater from the inside to mid track and more rain forecast. Hopefully when this match is finally taking place both teams will be at full strength. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Correct

Regards 

THJ 

Your small is far smaller than mine !! Walnut whip springs to mind 

43 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Your small is far smaller than mine !! Walnut whip springs to mind 

A wager is a bet you ignoramus... think wage with er on the end... the wagger how you are thinking it is pronounced is the button mushroom that hangs between your legs that you call a dick... and contains your solitary brain cell...

What happened to the promise you made yourself the other week about not posting on here anymore...

That didn't last long did it...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

A wager is a bet you ignoramus... think wage with er on the end... the wagger how you are thinking it is pronounced is the button mushroom that hangs between your legs that you call a dick... and contains your solitary brain cell...

What happened to the promise you made yourself the other week about not posting on here anymore...

Regards 

THJ 

Sent you a pm.

25 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ 

Your choice of words is improving I must say but part of your paragraph would be more suited to 1 or 2 of our former promoters & buddy's.. Regards the former pienpeasman

1 minute ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Your choice of words is improving I must say but part of your paragraph would be more suited to 1 or 2 of our former promoters & buddy's.. Regards the former pienpeasman

Only banter from me now ? Nowt serious 

Tickets ordered for Sunday. Hopefully a good meeting and a Diamonds win

6 hours ago, MrP said:

Tickets ordered for Sunday. Hopefully a good meeting and a Diamonds win

forecast aint good lets hope it changes 

1 hour ago, diamonds7 said:

Fingers crossed it does if not I’ve got my tickets for the next meeting 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diamonds7 said:

The way things are if there’s even a sign of moisture , this will be off. This isn’t a dig at anyone but it simply would make business sense, Barker needs time, restricted crowd and lack of a proper track curator so why not wait till things are more positive ? Plenty of more experienced promoters have used such tactics in the past and we need all the help we can get to stay in business.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

The way things are if there’s even a sign of moisture , this will be off. This isn’t a dig at anyone but it simply would make business sense, Barker needs time, restricted crowd and lack of a proper track curator so why not wait till things are more positive ? Plenty of more experienced promoters have used such tactics in the past and we need all the help we can get to stay in business.

Why? Because going to speedway is a habit and for some it may be easy to slip out of.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

What?  We've got three away matches before the next home meeting after Scunthorpe (Redcar on 25 July), so any income will help pay for those three matches, so how does calling it off "make business sense"??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, diamonds7 said:

According to BBC Met Office site any rain (and that's only 40% chance) isn't due until 7pm and that's 3 hours after the start time.

• Like 1