British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Plymouth Gladiators K.O.C 2nd leg 21/07/21

14 hours ago, lewy said:

Plymouth coped fine!

Prob not 33 degrees then! Lol ;) I guess it depends on track staff and good equipment too.

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

I think matt was afraid of it spilling out on the rest of the team 

Yes, I can imagine it could have caused problems with more opinionated riders! So good idea to nip it in the bud. Though I'm sure a previous Aussie swore at Matt and didn't get sacked?! But maybe he apologised! Idk.

1 hour ago, chris4gillian said:

EXACTLY! Why sign him in the first place then? You don't let a rider go just for a spat if you rate them. Matt must've rated him enough at one point though...

Just doesn't sit right to me.

The team is more than one person though! Maybe the naughty step is the Plymouth team! :P

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, I can imagine it could have caused problems with more opinionated riders! So good idea to nip it in the bud. Though I'm sure a previous Aussie swore at Matt and didn't get sacked?! But maybe he apologised! Idk.

I bet Darcy rubbed Matt up the wrong way countless times and Chris a fair few too in his younger days, both never got the boot because of it.

There's more to it than just a disagreement.

Just think it was a shame as the lad stayed loyal throughout the pandemic and waited over a year for his first appearance....and then got the chop a week later.

Plymouth seem to know how to get him going though.  Be interesting to see if he maintains his decent start for them back at the place where he was sacked just a couple of weeks ago!

• Haha 1

not a good management  team to allow your dirty washing to aired in public . as chris just said if he had been a chris or a darcy he would still be a pirate 

22 minutes ago, ray c said:

not a good management  team to allow your dirty washing to aired in public . as chris just said if he had been a chris or a darcy he would still be a pirate 

I don't know if you can blame the management as they haven't said anything about it apart from the statement about getting rid before he came an asset. Whatever Zane did, he really p'eed them off! He might be doing well for Plymouth but he hadn't done that well for Poole when he was there, so it was easy for them to just use the scores as a reason.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

I bet Darcy rubbed Matt up the wrong way countless times and Chris a fair few too in his younger days, both never got the boot because of it.

There's more to it than just a disagreement.

Just think it was a shame as the lad stayed loyal throughout the pandemic and waited over a year for his first appearance....and then got the chop a week later.

Plymouth seem to know how to get him going though.  Be interesting to see if he maintains his decent start for them back at the place where he was sacked just a couple of weeks ago!

I didn't mean Chris or Darcy ;) But obviously high scoring HL prob get more leeway!

9 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Over the moon with that choice,get well soon Jason.

That’s the bonus signing top men ,guests usually can do a good job.In Crumps case Definately a bonus because don’t think he would ride to his average and injury helps the guest situation.

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh no not Cook! Glad I can't go. 

He may be too good for,our,top three shame i cant go could be a good meeting ,

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, ray c said:

Darcy probably upset him more than once, but with his talent and pulling power, how could you have not had him in your team 

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Darcy probably upset him more than once, but with his talent and pulling power, how could you have not had him in your team 

One rule for one, one for another.  ZK looks like he's started firing a bit since he joined Plymouth and on current form is likely to have scored more that an out of depth Bickley.  I guess we'll see how that goes later.

Now that Cook is also guesting, Plymouth have a decent chance.

• Haha 1

Zane riding at 4 going by the line ups. Not going to have an easy first race! Be interesting to see how he goes.

1 hour ago, chris4gillian said:

One rule for one, one for another.  ZK looks like he's started firing a bit since he joined Plymouth and on current form is likely to have scored more that an out of depth Bickley.  I guess we'll see how that goes later.

Now that Cook is also guesting, Plymouth have a decent chance.

Tbh though his best performance for Poole was at Plymouth so not really surprising. Probably better off there.