British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

Newcastle v Redcar (Champ) 1600 Hours 25/07/21

Where is the James Greives line around the 3rd and 4th bend? That was a painful watch. Anyone coming for the first time will think again about spending their hard earned to see a bore fest. Ps Roy is such miss between heats on center green

• Like 1

Track was the best I've seen it in years. Lacking a little moisture to create anything on the outside but had clearly been prepared for the inside cut backs the way it was ripped up!

Certainly smoother than Rough Park of old!

18 minutes ago, bri1966 said:

Where is the James Greives line around the 3rd and 4th bend? That was a painful watch. Anyone coming for the first time will think again about spending their hard earned to see a bore fest. Ps Roy is such miss between heats on center green

A lot of people there tonight had never been before and really enjoyed it and said they would be back. It’s much quieter on the centre green without Roy, yes I agree but it’s no miss 

• Like 2

Track was very different to usual, it actually looked really good to me, maybe the riders weren't happy as it just caught them out a little bit, they didn't even do a track walk at the start? Is there ANY atmosphere in the pits whatsoever? I wouldn't be surprised if not with the manager merry-go-round and the lack of any real big hitters. Shame as the first few home meetings (Leicester and Scunthorpe in particular) were brilliant and the lads put up such a big fight, where tonight they seemed to struggle more with keeping their front wheels down on a much grippier than usual track.

I liked the new track, this track curator is clearly one of the best about, the riders just need to get used to it now... Adam Roynon's hatred for Brough Park clearly isn't disappearing anytime soon either... I know he seemed to have major bike issues with his first bike, but he still seemed to struggle just to keep two wheels on the ground the rest of the meeting.

Really hope Max Clegg can come back to the Max of 2019 too, massive shame seeing him struggle like that :(

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Track was very different to usual, it actually looked really good to me, maybe the riders weren't happy as it just caught them out a little bit, they didn't even do a track walk at the start? Is there ANY atmosphere in the pits whatsoever? I wouldn't be surprised if not with the manager merry-go-round and the lack of any real big hitters. Shame as the first few home meetings (Leicester and Scunthorpe in particular) were brilliant and the lads put up such a big fight, where tonight they seemed to struggle more with keeping their front wheels down on a much grippier than usual track.

I liked the new track, this track curator is clearly one of the best about, the riders just need to get used to it now... Adam Roynon's hatred for Brough Park clearly isn't disappearing anytime soon either... I know he seemed to have major bike issues with his first bike, but he still seemed to struggle just to keep two wheels on the ground the rest of the meeting.

Really hope Max Clegg can come back to the Max of 2019 too, massive shame seeing him struggle like that :(

Roynon is struggling as he's still not fit

1 minute ago, Marshall07 said:

Yes I did think that during the meeting. No one was expecting him back for a lot longer than this.

But he fell off in his parade lap, broke down on a bike that sounded much like a lawnmower in his first heat after it cutting out on him before the tapes went up too, couldn't keep his front wheel down in his next 2 rides but looked brilliant to get a 5-1 with Ben in his last... More of his 4th ride and he'd be brilliant. I really do like Adam, but we all know how much he hates Brough too. His meeting against (Leicester??) Where he got 10 points from 4 rides... Shows he can do it

• Like 1

Honestly

I think it is called a Right Royal Pumping... 

Diamonds to slow from the gate... Bears much more positive.... better team definitely won...

Redcar guests were brilliant and the Newcastle engine room at 3 and 4 just had no answer... just didnt fire at all... saying that I doubt we would have won even if Redcar had their usual 7 never mind the quality guests they utilised...

My ball ache was the track... we got hauled over the coals for a dusty track and a couple of supposed rotted kick boards on the back straight from the Scunny meeting ref which resulted in the club having to employ "expert track curators"... well sorry... the track was worse and definitely dustier than the alleged problem Scunny meeting... and yes it's the same for both teams but to be fair the Redcar lads adapted to it much better than the home team...  

Still think if Redcar get their full side together for the run in to the end of the season that they will make the play offs no problem... they are a good team...

The only consolation tonight is the Glasgow Tigers suffered a very rare home defeat so it can happen to.the best of them... even a quality side like Glasgow... and Leicester for that matter last night...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn

31 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

they didn't even do a track walk at the start?

Yep they did to be fair... around 2.30 they went out and done their track walk as I was standing talking to Alfie Bowtell in the pits when they went out... and I was back in my spot around 20 minutes later when they had reached the start gate... so they had all had a good look at the track...

No excuses we got taken to the cleaners by a better team...

Regards 

THJ  

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn

32 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Nowt to do with being fit, crap track caught him out on parade,and a new engine rebuild didn’t work at all..

4 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

A hollow victory for the Bears with all those guests in the team!

There’s a few hollow wins in Speedway judging by that comment:rolleyes:.Should have survey at the end of season to see how many matches were run without guests.

4 hours ago, MrP said:

No complaints best team won. Much sharper out the starts. Diamonds riders apparently not happy with the track.

I am not buying this crap track business. Graham Trollope, is one of the best trackmen, in the country, (if not the best). The track was smooth and well watered, however it was grippy and on a tight track  like Newcastle, it showed. Throttle control was needed and most of the Diamonds, didn't have that, they were so slow out of the starts, they had to try something harder. They ended up, just digging a bigger hole for themselves. Even Jake Allen, was enjoying himself by the end and he isn't a Brough fan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I am not buying this crap track business. Graham Trollope, is one of the best trackmen, in the country, (if not the best). The track was smooth and well watered, however it was grippy and on a tight track  like Newcastle, it showed. Throttle control was needed and most of the Diamonds, didn't have that, they were so slow out of the starts, they had to try something harder. They ended up, just digging a bigger hole for themselves. Even Jake Allen, was enjoying himself by the end and he isn't a Brough fan.

The same track curator that did Redcar on Friday and had most of the Newcastle team expressing how much they enjoyed riding it despite the result!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bellers101 said:

A hollow victory for the Bears with all those guests in the team!

Of course, it would have been better to have our own 1-7, but what are the options when you have 4 riders out, fill the places with juniours, and then be criticised for fielding a weakened team? Speedway can't afford to have squads so teams can cover injuries with their own riders. The Guest system isn't ideal, but it's better than the alternative.

16 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

The same track curator that did Redcar on Friday and had most of the Newcastle team expressing how much they enjoyed riding it despite the result!

Absolutely, it was a cracking track on Friday. Not in any way responsible for the crashes.