British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny the spud

British final 2021

10 minutes ago, The Dog said:

They could still record it and play it on the Monday night but let the fans and riders have their day back. A Sunday afternoon might be better for a bigger crowd and youngsters. 

A very good idea...

Best of both worlds, and could be done when there isnt a British rider racing in Poland that day...

There must be one at least surely given so few do it?

But aside from the day its ran, actually promoting the event would be a start in increasing attendance..

If even the Promoters don't feel it's important enough to do some promotion and marketing around it, and give it a very decent prize fund well into five figures, then you can't expect the fans (or even some riders), to see it as worth attending...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Dog said:

They could still record it and play it on the Monday night but let the fans and riders have their day back. A Sunday afternoon might be better for a bigger crowd and youngsters. 

I always watch a match that I've attended and has been televised the next day anyway

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, iainb said:

I always watch a match that I've attended and has been televised the next day anyway

And it would given them time to edit out all the delays between races too..

A much more snappy, fast paced programme.. 

• Like 2

Surely the only way speedway can move forward now is to make our own fixtures priority, like the British Final. If the likes of Woffy, Bewley etc would rather miss out on the chance to be National Champion for another payday in Poland, so be it. Let's look after the riders and fans who are prepared to be a part of it 

4 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Surely the only way speedway can move forward now is to make our own fixtures priority, like the British Final. If the likes of Woffy, Bewley etc would rather miss out on the chance to be National Champion for another payday in Poland, so be it. Let's look after the riders and fans who are prepared to be a part of it 

Bewley hasn't missed any opportunity to be National Champion to date, I think you may have meant Lambert :t: 

I think now that Bewley is establishing himself in Poland, he will be the next one to follow Woffy and Lambert. But I should have added Lambert to the list 

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

And it would given them time to edit out all the delays between races too..

A much more snappy, fast paced programme.. 

Don't Eurosport have form for editing out the races and leaving in all the guff!! 

• Haha 2