British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Wolverhampton Monday 23rd August

7 hours ago, Beowulf said:

As an aside Panthers fans, if you did get first pick in the play-offs, who would you choose ? From our perspective I would choose Sheffield. 

Not a Panthers fan, but I would expect Peterborough to pick Sheffield in the hope that Wolves put Belle Vue out. If it's Wolves' choice, also Sheffield in the hope that Belle Vue put Peterborough out!

Nicked from updates 

Interesting comments from Buster over the Mike.

In a nutshell: I meant everything I said but both clubs will continue. Everyone at Peterborough is wonderful, wish I could say the same about King's Lynn!

1 hour ago, Fourentee said:

Not a Panthers fan, but I would expect Peterborough to pick Sheffield in the hope that Wolves put Belle Vue out. If it's Wolves' choice, also Sheffield in the hope that Belle Vue put Peterborough out!

Wolves have won the play-offs 3 times,  2002,2009,2016. On none of those occasions did Wolves top the league and they always rode the second leg away. Any suspicious Wolves fans might not want to top the table ! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Nicked from updates 

Interesting comments from Buster over the Mike.

In a nutshell: I meant everything I said but both clubs will continue. Everyone at Peterborough is wonderful, wish I could say the same about King's Lynn!

Saw this but does that mean continue to end of season or beyond 

3 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Saw this but does that mean continue to end of season or beyond 

Who knows, but the impression I got is that he's not optimistic about finding a buyer and if that happens he'll continue to own but get someone else in to run it.

19 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Who knows, but the impression I got is that he's not optimistic about finding a buyer and if that happens he'll continue to own but get someone else in to run it.

Correct. He was talking beyond this season

2 hours ago, Fourentee said:

Wouldn't shock me if Peterborough pick Wolves.  Wolves struggle at the EOES and Peterborough were very unlucky to lose at Monmore a few weeks ago.  There a miles better team

• Haha 1

Dad's Army strike again 

Big thanks to Danny King for his contribution, would love him home full time next season if possible

Edited by Flappy

Disappointed not to take at least a point out of that.  Schlein and Masters getting six between them cost us

8 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Dad's Army strike again 

Looked iffy at one  point but pulled through in the end , Pedersen had a bad one so did Masters , Palin seems to need a good ride in ht2 to set him up for the rest of the meeting  , whose next to go to reserve in september 

Edited by scoobydoo

17 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

One thing is for certain, if Wolves finish top, they will have done it through luck.

They are not the best team in the league.

Put your rod and line away. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Looked iffy at one  point but pulled through in the end , Pedersen had a bad one so did Masters , Palin seems to need a good ride in ht2 to set him up for the rest of the meeting  , whose next to go to reserve in september 

Likely to still be Hans 0.37 between him and Harris who's next in the averages

• Like 1