British Speedway Forum

Oh well this team will be saving me money again this season as probably won't be in the play-offs and another early season finish. Can't believe they have built a team that far off of the team limit & with two Aussies I can't stand either.

Haps they have a cunning plan to see how Heeps/Batch/Riss go the first month and if one of them ain't producing then use their average plus the not used nearly couple of points to bring in a 7 pointer from somewhere, but then again i doubt it, wishful thinking:D

5 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Haps they have a cunning plan to see how Heeps/Batch/Riss go the first month and if one of them ain't producing then use their average plus the not used nearly couple of points to bring in a 7 pointer from somewhere, but then again i doubt it, wishful thinking:D

I think you may be giving them far to much credit.   Wouldn't any normal person start with the better team. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BassoontheGasso said:

And your off already.

Call yourself an Ipswich fan yet all you've done for 2 years is post comments about you wanting Ipswich to lose meetings.

Fickle

You're having a bubble aint ya,,, it's been many many more years than that,,, closer to 20 I reckon 

6 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

You're having a bubble aint ya,,, it's been many many more years than that,,, closer to 20 I reckon 

So you only support them when they win basically.

You don't see Newcastle United fans end up supporting Sunderland mid-season when they fail to win football matches.

A team on paper is exactly that.

Am I disappointed that we have built that far below the limit - yes. Do I believe a number of those in the team have the capacity to increase their average - yes. Will I know the answer until we are a few meetings into the season - no.

You can have whatever opinion you like of Louis but one thing is for certain, he won’t put the future of Ipswich speedway at risk by spending money that would do that. He will have been working to a budget and once Doyle was signed then he had to build a team to fit the remainder of the budget in a way that he believes can be competitive. 

Who apart from the most ardent Panthers fans and probably not even many of them predicted they would be champions last season? 

I actually believe that the team should be strong as a home unit, away not so sure but as always, I will approach the season full of hope and grateful that I still have a speedway team to watch.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BassoontheGasso said:

So you only support them when they win basically.

You don't see Newcastle United fans end up supporting Sunderland mid-season when they fail to win football matches.

No no no,,, you don't know me at all do you. Even when they are winning,,, which has happened in drips and drabs,,, I like to moan about that as well.

Whatever happens I am never happy,,,, I'm a very very grumpy old man 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

I feel for the Ipswich fans, of the 3 teams completed, theirs looks by far the weakest!

Because it is  - by about 1.88 points :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

No no no,,, you don't know me at all do you. Even when they are winning,,, which has happened in drips and drabs,,, I like to moan about that as well.

Whatever happens I am never happy,,,, I'm a very very grumpy old man 

Moaning is fine. Everybody moans.

But wanting your own team to lose before a wheel has been turned is just ridiculous.

I don't rate your side either but at least give them a chance before calling for them to get battered and sacked on Day 1.

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

I feel for the Ipswich fans, of the 3 teams completed, theirs looks by far the weakest!

Oh but we can always count on Kings Lynn to put a worse team together. 

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

King's Lynn will help them escape the wooden spoon........Only just though. 

Wolves aren't that much better either with a ton of pressure being put on Kemp's shoulders.