British Speedway Forum

So who is out number 8, thought they would've announced that as well.

8 minutes ago, Bash said:

So who is out number 8, thought they would've announced that as well.

It's irrelevant tbh.

No.8 will barely get a ride with Starke & Rowe in the side.

Edited by BassoontheGasso

19 minutes ago, Bash said:

So why did Sheffield not retain him then. If he is such a bargain all the teams would've tried to sign him.

He had a poor season at Sheffield, it didn't work out so no surprise he didn't stay. Was never going to Peterborough they couldn't fit him with their teams plans, had a falling out with Lynn years ago so that's the reason half the club's wouldn't sign him. That leaves 3 Clearly wouldn't fit at wolves, Belle Vue thought they had signed him before he joins us.

To be honest I think Sheffield are taking a gamble on Cook given how he has been performing.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bash said:

So why did Sheffield not retain him then. If he is such a bargain all the teams would've tried to sign him.

How do you know they didn't? But he just didn't want to ride there?

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

I'd rather take a gamble on Cook,, any day of the week 

Tbh given cook could’ve been fit in place of any of Heeps riss and batch it’s a pretty damning indictment of his up and down form and effort last year, cookie at his best a few years back undoubtedly a class rider - can he get his right again to be consistent at a higher level Louis obviously didn’t seem him worth another gamble 

• Like 1

But he thought Crump was worth a gamble on 8.21 and 8,,,,, tells me all I need to know. 

And maybe Chris didn't have the chance to gamble on Cook,,, maybe Cook said no thanks 

Edited by Baldyman

Maybe? Sheffield were convinced they were getting Pickering, then when they didn’t they made a swoop for cook who was planning on going elsewhere? There’s been much movement the last week and the kingpin could have been Pickering?

46 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

But he thought Crump was worth a gamble on 8.21 and 8,,,,, tells me all I need to know. 

And maybe Chris didn't have the chance to gamble on Cook,,, maybe Cook said no thanks 

you have been to all the meetings ike me last year. when Cook was in the mood he was near on untouchable but those days were few and far between. Many other meetings he just gave up when at the back. I don't like paying to see riders with that attitude. 

Having said that I know Batchelor can be the same and if he does go down that road ,then it will have been a bad signing but what I would say is that Cook will not improve his average whereas Bathchelor should do. 

Time will tell I guess?

Edited by stu219

3 hours ago, stu219 said:

you have been to all the meetings ike me last year. when Cook was in the mood he was near on untouchable but those days were few and far between. Many other meetings he just gave up when at the back. I don't like paying to see riders with that attitude. 

Having said that I know Batchelor can be the same and if he does go down that road ,then it will have been a bad signing but what I would say is that Cook will not improve his average whereas Bathchelor should do. 

Time will tell I guess?

Troy would have to improve his average by over a point just to get to where Craig would have been,,, so to see any team improvement,,, Troy will have to improve it even more. 

Now I wonder if we even thought about a rider like Musielek,,, on a decent average,,, is mustard around Foxhall,, would prob also have improved as well. A perfect 3rd heat leader.  Would love to know if we even bothered contacting him. 

Anyway,,, I'm done with the situation now,, it won't change and I can't change it. So time for me to accept it,, move on and make plans. 

Edited by Baldyman

6 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Troy would have to improve his average by over a point just to get to where Craig would have been,,, so to see any team improvement,,, Troy will have to improve it even more. 

Now I wonder if we even thought about a rider like Musielek,,, on a decent average,,, is mustard around Foxhall,, would prob also have improved as well. A perfect 3rd heat leader.  Would love to know if we even bothered contacting him. 

Anyway,,, I'm done with the situation now,, it won't change and I can't change it. So time for me to accept it,, move on and make plans. 

I know a great place that has pool , darts , cable TV,  food , drink and great company - I'm sure the host has already extended the invite....

Costs about £19 less than the speedway too :)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I know a great place that has pool , darts , cable TV,  food , drink and great company - I'm sure the host has already extended the invite....

Costs about £19 less than the speedway too :)

Yes I've been invited on many occasions :t:

I dare say the price will be going up another pound next season.  I see if you get a season ticket,,, it's another 25 for a seat. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Haha 1

£25 for a grandstand seat..... presumably the area in front of the referees box by the start finish line ??? Traditionally was an extra charge to get in that section

Needs clarification though.  Extra for using the general seats would be taking the pee 

8 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I can't believe people are asking why not Musielek, how many times in the past have we had problems with poles missing meetings or not putting the effort in