British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

On 3/23/2022 at 9:53 PM, scoobydoo said:

Ellis isnt riding for Poole now after signing for Birmingham,  dont see why Abblit can't now ride for Poole and Gilkes for Panthers ,

No reason has been given for Basso missing cant be Glasgow's P&P as Ulrich is riding , 

As for someone instead of Kildemand maybe someone whos mates with Bjarne 

Alfie Bowtell replaces Kildemand

57 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Alfie Bowtell replaces Kildemand

Good grief 

Palin, Bowtell and Ablitt in the same team

22 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Good grief 

Palin, Bowtell and Ablitt in the same team

Shows theres a bit of a difference between the premiership and championship strengths when Peterboro are using Bowtell and Ablitt instead of Harris and Basso just to be near the same sort of strength as Poole who also have Newman instead of Ablitt as well

Edited by scoobydoo

Basso beaten by Lambert on his first ride, hope that's not a sign of things to come 

Edited by Flappy

So we’ve seen all the team bar Andersen racing competitively now. What’s peoples thoughts. Harris looks his same old self and will still give 100 on every race,  scotty I think will take some warming up over the next few weeks. 
I think ostergaard will be good for 6 or 7 a meeting and basso will realise British speedway is a lot tougher than he expected. 

from what I’ve seen so far wolves and Sheffield are looking strong 

2 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

So we’ve seen all the team bar Andersen racing competitively now. What’s peoples thoughts. Harris looks his same old self and will still give 100 on every race,  scotty I think will take some warming up over the next few weeks. 
I think ostergaard will be good for 6 or 7 a meeting and basso will realise British speedway is a lot tougher than he expected. 

from what I’ve seen so far wolves and Sheffield are looking strong 

Will depend on Basso 

10 hours ago, Flappy said:

Will depend on Basso 

He looked ok but can't see him breaking out of reserve. His style reminded me of Mario Jirout for some reason. 

38 minutes ago, Noodles said:

He looked ok but can't see him breaking out of reserve. His style reminded me of Mario Jirout for some reason. 

Early thoughts were he may be entertaining from time to time but he's erratic and will score several 0,0,0,0

My wife and I used to come to Peterborough a lot even though we live the other side of King's Lynn, and that was made possible because she had a Blue Badge, and we could bring the car into the stadium.

Sadly, she died a few weeks ago, so the Blue Badge had to be handed back to the authorities.  But as I'm now very lonely, I thought I will still have some evenings at Peterborough, and did so yesterday.  However, I'm 78-years old. Diabetic which has resulted in me being in severe pain in walking in my legs & feet, not to mention unsteady, and I'm asthmatic, which leaves me out of puff, so with much regret, I will have to discontinue my visits.
The walk from the car park to the grandstand, is about a hundred steps or more to much for me now, and I realise that I'm probably not the only one like that.

So I wish the Panthers all the best for the 2022 season, apart from when you race against King's Lynn..LOL.  Enjoy watching the racing on one of the best circuits in the country, and just wish that I could be there from time to time.

Good Luck to you all. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

My wife and I used to come to Peterborough a lot even though we live the other side of King's Lynn, and that was made possible because she had a Blue Badge, and we could bring the car into the stadium.

Sadly, she died a few weeks ago, so the Blue Badge had to be handed back to the authorities.  But as I'm now very lonely, I thought I will still have some evenings at Peterborough, and did so yesterday.  However, I'm 78-years old. Diabetic which has resulted in me being in severe pain in walking in my legs & feet, not to mention unsteady, and I'm asthmatic, which leaves me out of puff, so with much regret, I will have to discontinue my visits.
The walk from the car park to the grandstand, is about a hundred steps or more to much for me now, and I realise that I'm probably not the only one like that.

So I wish the Panthers all the best for the 2022 season, apart from when you race against King's Lynn..LOL.  Enjoy watching the racing on one of the best circuits in the country, and just wish that I could be there from time to time.

Good Luck to you all. 

So very sorry for your loss, RIP to your wife. 

35 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

So very sorry for your loss, RIP to your wife. 

Thank you Arch. Life is so lonely now, having been together for 62-years.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Noodles said:

Maybe once he gets into team meetings with the help and experience of the older brigade will bring him on   being a dane im sure the danish trio will take him under there wing and help him settle and he's got the use of the Lyon's effect to help him relax and hopefully show what hes about .

40 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Maybe once he gets into team meetings with the help and experience of the older brigade will bring him on   being a dane im sure the danish trio will take him under there wing and help him settle and he's got the use of the Lyon's effect to help him relax and hopefully show what hes about .

He may do over time, enough to be a trump card at reserve from the off I'm not sure. Nicholls seemed slow and Ostergaard was his old self can beat anyone but will then get beat by a rising start and a mechanical failure