British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Panthers v Wolves - 2nd leg

1 hour ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

I told you, MPT Is out of Monday.

Cook is in.

cook to repay buster after sacking him at lynn and to score nowt !!

Shame that his meeting is being spoilt by injuries.   Irony is that its the younger members of the team who have suffered injuries ... the old fellas have kept on going and delivering the points throughout the season even when down to a 6 man side  with R/R.

Going into such a meeting with a gust is always a risky business. More so with Craig who surely will not want to upset the chances of his Glasgow Tigers progress in the CL p/offs?

No doubt Pearson and Tatum will be delighted that Wolves now have been handed a massive advantage going into the 2nd leg, and they can shout from the roof tops how wonderful the Wolves TM is for managing to overcome a home defeat.

Edited by old bob at herne bay

Wolves are 7/1 to win the league. They'll take us if MPT is out. 

I like to joke around and have banter with fans of the opposition but I'm going to be honest here and say we simply can't cover for MPT at Home.

MPT is our best rider around the EOEA and if he's out then our title challenge is over.

7 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

I like to joke around and have banter with fans of the opposition but I'm going to be honest here and say we simply can't cover for MPT at Home.

MPT is our best rider around the EOEA and if he's out then our title challenge is over.

No it's not

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

No it's not

Have to disagree. Cook isn't a rider you can put faith in imo. It all depends what mood and frame of mind Cookie is in on the day.

MPT has been in smoking hot form as of late. 

MPT Scores for the last 2 months (August & September)

H - 5+2, 14+2, 13 & 15+2 = 47+6 Need to find a rider who can get paid 13 on average to cover.

A - 10, 12+1, 11+4, 7+1, 10 & 9+1 = 59+7 Need to find a rider who can get paid 11 on average to cover.

He hasn't actually ruled himself out as far as I can see. 

As good as MPT is and I'd rather have him in the team I feel we can cover, Cook can't be any worse than Jorgensen or Riss and can also be the best rider in the country on his day.

32 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

I'd be more relaxed about the situation if Danny King could guest :D

Page 179 of the regs needed ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

This really is Shovlar-lite reverse psychology. 2 points up from the away leg, you only need to draw. Beaten Wolves both times already at the Showground, and we are generally poor there. Guaranteed Panthers in the final.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

This really is Shovlar-lite reverse psychology. 2 points up from the away leg, you only need to draw. Beaten Wolves both times already at the Showground, and we are generally poor there. Guaranteed Panthers in the final.

Its the likely outcome but guaranteed is a strong word! 

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

It's really not.

I love to have banter with the opposition fans but I honestly cant see us going through if MPT is out. 

He's been scoring like Dan Bewley for us the last two months.

We need a guest who can get paid 13 to cover. Cook has to be in the right mood on the day to score well otherwise it's curtains because Riss and Jorgy won't score more than 4