British Speedway Forum

14 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Poole definitely were not the strongest on paper. Won double mostly due to a mid season change in my opinion. Start of season Redcar and Eastbourne I believe were labelled best on paper as I remember, Poole were labelled too top heavy

Yep, Worrall, King and that Aussie guy, can't remember his name, Sheen, Scleen, Shlide or something like that, they were the 'top heavy' guys you speak of, they were rubbish all season. Barely made a difference...

And the two midseason changes were practically like for like so I'm not quite sure where you were going with that statement.

On 12/27/2021 at 1:01 AM, Yearbyred said:

Team looks good, but not a league winning team unless the second strings and reserves up their averages significantly, in my opinion.

The fact we also don’t have a massive home track advantage, most visiting riders love coming to Redcar, makes it difficult also.

But we will see some good speedway at least.

The glasses of Redcar fans are definitely half full. I bet even if Woffindon, Bewley, Fricke, Sajfutdinov, Lindgren, Janowski and Laguta all signed for the Bears the Redcar faithful would still be going around the town with their sandwich boards proclaiming the end is nigh. :rofl:

8 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Yep, Worrall, King and that Aussie guy, can't remember his name, Sheen, Scleen, Shlide or something like that, they were the 'top heavy' guys you speak of, they were rubbish all season. Barely made a difference...

And the two midseason changes were practically like for like so I'm not quite sure where you were going with that statement.

Benjamin Basso for Zane Keleher is not like for like… if that’s what you’re trying to say. What a strange take.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nickinho said:

The glasses of Redcar fans are definitely half full. I bet even if Woffindon, Bewley, Fricke, Sajfutdinov, Lindgren, Janowski and Laguta all signed for the Bears the Redcar faithful would still be going around the town with their sandwich boards proclaiming the end is nigh:rofl:

Have you seen Redcar High Street?! :D

Happy New Year for 2022 Everyone!

Edited by Bear_Bottom

10 hours ago, Nickinho said:

The glasses of Redcar fans are definitely half full. I bet even if Woffindon, Bewley, Fricke, Sajfutdinov, Lindgren, Janowski and Laguta all signed for the Bears the Redcar faithful would still be going around the town with their sandwich boards proclaiming the end is nigh. :rofl:

I don't think Redcar fans are fixated with winning the league. Maybe donkeys years without a track and now having one of the best in the country does that.

And you've got that saying the wrong way round! Half full is optimistic, half empty is pessimistic. I think thats what you were trying to convey

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Kelleher and basso like for like :rofl:. Aye sure mate. I'm not saying they were rubbish we are talking about pre season predictions, i.e. what people thought of the team at the time and that was the view. Go back through and find the prediction thread and you will see that is what the majority view was and Poole on paper were not considered the favourites

12 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Maybe Redcar fans aren't deluded and coming to the tapes with a team more than 1.5pts under the limit they're realistic enough to know that winning the league is a bit of a stretch .They also might enjoy watching speedway more than going on a forum bigging themselves up or slagging the team off unlike the other clubs posts on here. 

• Like 4

On 12/26/2021 at 2:03 AM, Nickinho said:

Why are so few people talking Redcar up for the title? The team looks really good.

Probably because they built a team 1.6 under the points limit!

6 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Kelleher and basso like for like :rofl:. Aye sure mate. I'm not saying they were rubbish we are talking about pre season predictions, i.e. what people thought of the team at the time and that was the view. Go back through and find the prediction thread and you will see that is what the majority view was and Poole on paper were not considered the favourites

Brilliant. Like for like! Add that to the fact they sacked a rider and then spent numerous months 'replacing' him and using horses for courses guests too. Hilarious.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 12:30 PM, Jaizer said:

Keheler's average was 4.06 at season's end and Basso's was 5.00. Huge difference right! You Tigers fans are delusional about Basso and your team is nowhere near good enough to lift the title. Just saying :t:

7 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Keheler's average was 4.06 at season's end and Basso's was 5.00. Huge difference right! You Tigers fans are delusional about Basso and your team is nowhere near good enough to lift the title. Just saying :t:

His average is 5.00 cause it's still assessed :rofl:. Is this your first day as a speedway fan?

• Haha 2

Just now, Jaizer said:

His average is 5.00 cause it's still assessed :rofl:. Is this your first day as a speedway fan?

I meant to say 5.88. Over 8 meetings. And some meetings he barely turned up. Looked like a reserve with a good understanding of the Poole track which upped his average considerably. That's all. We'll see next season though won't we. I predict he will end up at reserve along with old man Ostergaard as Bailey is a better prospect.

6 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

I meant to say 5.88. Over 8 meetings. And some meetings he barely turned up. Looked like a reserve with a good understanding of the Poole track which upped his average considerably. That's all. We'll see next season though won't we. I predict he will end up at reserve along with old man Ostergaard as Bailey is a better prospect.

So you missed his 16 point haul at armadale in the play offs did you? Beating Craig Cook easily in heat 1 at ashfield on first ever ride? Aye the guys murder you're better rid of him. 

And 5.88 is nearly 2 points more than kelleher, so in no way are the "like for like"