British Speedway Forum

17 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Tai

Vacullik

Emil

All can do UK, other GP riders can't 

So that's the 3 options and one of them is a go? Wonder if it's down to permits.....?

If it's one of those three, does that make Allen in the 1-5 and Blodorn at reserve more likely?

Of those options, Vaculik seems like the most likely. I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised to see either of the other two. Regardless, if we can bag ourselves any of them we've got a very strong team.

Edited by TheOpinion

17 minutes ago, TheOpinion said:

If it's one of those three, does that make Allen in the 1-5 and Blodorn at reserve more likely?

Of those options, Vaculik seems like the most likely. I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised to see either of the other two. Regardless, if we can bag ourselves any of them we've got a very strong team.

1. Max Fricke 8.81

2. Jake Allen 4.60

3. Brady Kurtz 7.27

4. Charles Wright 5.92

5. Martin Vaculik 8.00

6. Tom Brennan RS

7. Norick Blodorn 4.00

This team fits with 0.40 to spare if my calculations are right!! :o What would Tai's and Emil's averages even be?

10 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

So that's the 3 options and one of them is a go? Wonder if it's down to permits.....?

I doubt very much that Tai would come back the money here is peanuts compared to Poland.

Seems to be some right wind-ups going on in this thread.

Couple of pages ago you were all believing BV couldn't sign anyone, but now you all believe the budget's been thrown away and they're beating of G.P. riders with a mucky stick.

Going to be some very surprised people when you find out who this "big  name" actually is.

1 minute ago, PotteringAround said:

Couple of pages ago you were all believing BV couldn't sign anyone, but now you all believe the budget's been thrown away and they're beating of G.P. riders with a mucky stick.

Going to be some very surprised people when you find out who this "big  name" actually is.

I have no idea myself. Just going along with the rumours from other people :D I don't follow the PL threads at all really, so I dunno what was being talked about last week. Who do you think the big name will be?

24 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Welcome back...Steve Boxall!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Max Fricke 8.81

2. Jake Allen 4.60

3. Brady Kurtz 7.27

4. Charles Wright 5.92

5. Martin Vaculik 8.00

6. Tom Brennan RS

7. Norick Blodorn 4.00

This team fits with 0.40 to spare if my calculations are right!! :o What would Tai's and Emil's averages even be?

This side would beat Sheffields offering..... on paper

I think out of Tai, Emil and Martin then the latter is most likely

Tai has good sponsorships and deals in place already, Emil has exceptional backing too

Martin is at that age where perhaps not the best position financially out of the 3 so would likely want to add to the retirement fund by getting extra £££

Probably end up with Lindback though

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

You seem to be claiming to know what’s going on behind the scenes??

Care to put your money where your mouth is and state who you think the “big name” is then??

When he is announced we can then see if you were right or if indeed you are another on here that actually knows nothing??

I suspect the latter 

34 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

You seem to be claiming to know what’s going on behind the scenes??

Care to put your money where your mouth is and state who you think the “big name” is then??

When he is announced we can then see if you were right or if indeed you are another on here that actually knows nothing??

I suspect the latter 

Think you must have misread my post.  

I didn't claim to know what was going on behind the scenes.  I believe only Mark Lemon and Adrian Smith know that.  I put "big name" in inverted commas as I was casting scepticism on rumours from those pretending to be in the know.

I find it odd that just a few days ago they were saying BV were struggling to attract riders on a budget, and throwing around names like Bjerre, Tungate, Etheridge, Allen.   But now everyone believes a daft rumour that they're splashing the cash going after Woffinden, Sajfutdinov and Vaculik...and one is definitely coming.

I don't see any of those 3 at BV (although Woffy would love to ride at the NSS).  The only name mentioned on this thread recently that I do see coming to Manchester would be Blodorn.   Having said that, (with no inside knowledge) I wouldn't bet against them coming up with a surprise big signing to excite the fans.  Just not one of the 3 mentioned.

38 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Think you must have misread my post.  

I didn't claim to know what was going on behind the scenes.  I believe only Mark Lemon and Adrian Smith know that.  I put "big name" in inverted commas as I was casting scepticism on rumours from those pretending to be in the know.

I find it odd that just a few days ago they were saying BV were struggling to attract riders on a budget, and throwing around names like Bjerre, Tungate, Etheridge, Allen.   But now everyone believes a daft rumour that they're splashing the cash going after Woffinden, Sajfutdinov and Vaculik...and one is definitely coming.

I don't see any of those 3 at BV (although Woffy would love to ride at the NSS).  The only name mentioned on this thread recently that I do see coming to Manchester would be Blodorn.   Having said that, (with no inside knowledge) I wouldn't bet against them coming up with a surprise big signing to excite the fans.  Just not one of the 3 mentioned.

Throwing names around like Etheridge/Allen they are probably very realistic signings depending on who the 3rd heat leader is...

Even Blodorn is realistic if they need a 4.00 which would then probably rule either Etheridge or Allen out of a spot.

Fingers crossed for British Speedway that its an exciting announcement

just wanted to say that Tom's Mum Sarah passed away this morning..

All at Eastbourne Speedway are at a loss and we are thinking of Tom and the family

RIP Sarah x

gazzac reacted to this
  • Sad 3