British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

16 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Who's to say he's not going to be the only team change

And bring their current team average down again to 42 pts from the 43.26 they currently are?

They can replace Rowe with a rider up to the same average but if they change two they go back to the original 42pt building limit.

Can't see where they will get two riders from to improve what they have.

• Like 1

Mathias Thornblom looked decent in the Swedish Elite league match last night.  Mixing it with some top riders.

Doesn't look to have a Polish place although someone will probably snap him up if that's the sort of form he's in.

Failed at Berwick a good few seasons ago but looked CL heat leader standard last night. Albeit on a vastly different track to Newcastle.

Swedes not riding in Poland would fit the bill for the CL as there are hardly any Tuesday fixtures and no Thursday fixtures but too expensive for the Diamonds??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enotian said:

Mathias Thornblom looked decent in the Swedish Elite league match last night.  Mixing it with some top riders.

Doesn't look to have a Polish place although someone will probably snap him up if that's the sort of form he's in.

Failed at Berwick a good few seasons ago but looked CL heat leader standard last night. Albeit on a vastly different track to Newcastle.

Swedes not riding in Poland would fit the bill for the CL as there are hardly any Tuesday fixtures and no Thursday fixtures but too expensive for the Diamonds??

Could be wrong but think he though Berwick was too dangerous for him.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Could be wrong but think he though Berwick was too dangerous for him.

The track or the town?:rolleyes:

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

The track or the town?:rolleyes:

Think at the time Thornblom's father thought British tracks were to dangerous

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Normski said:

Think at the time Thornblom's father thought British tracks were to dangerous

Knew it was something like that.

1 minute ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

If i remember correctly, it was after his visit to Scunthorpe actually 

What are you on about? Scunny is the best track in the country... Rob Godfrey said so... So it must be true

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

What are you on about? Scunny is the best track in the country... Rob Godfrey said so... So it must be true

Did he not mean stock-car track?

6 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Did he not mean stock-car track?

Obviously to have the best track in the country you need zero dirt and only concrete lines... That chew through tyres in no time... Personally the best racetrack I've been to in this country (I haven't been to them all) is Redcar, by a long way too...

15 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Obviously to have the best track in the country you need zero dirt and only concrete lines... That chew through tyres in no time... Personally the best racetrack I've been to in this country (I haven't been to them all) is Redcar, by a long way too...

Ashfield is decent now along with Redcar and Belle Vue for me.

12 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Ashfield is decent now along with Redcar and Belle Vue for me.

Glasgow is a track I've only been to once, I rode it many many years ago, I have never watched a league meeting there though, so I can't really comment. Obviously Belle Vue, but when the teams are so divided in the top division (GP riders at 1 vs the likes of Jack Thomas etc) then the racing isn't as good sometimes... I still think Redcar is the best I've been to, I just didn't like the view in the stadium of the track (until they opened the back straight, now it's amazing)

1 minute ago, Diamonds85 said:

Glasgow is a track I've only been to once, I rode it many many years ago, I have never watched a league meeting there though, so I can't really comment. Obviously Belle Vue, but when the teams are so divided in the top division (GP riders at 1 vs the likes of Jack Thomas etc) then the racing isn't as good sometimes... I still think Redcar is the best I've been to, I just didn't like the view in the stadium of the track (until they opened the back straight, now it's amazing)

I think the fact Ashfield is being used for the GP Challenge is a fair indication of the standard of the track (and stadium facilities too)

• Like 2

Just now, cinderfella said:

I think the fact Ashfield is being used for the GP Challenge is a fair indication of the standard of the track (and stadium facilities too)

I'm not questioning that at all, clearly a hell of a lot of money has been spent up there, and I hope to be impressed by the facilities one day when I finally get the chance to go :t:

• Like 2