British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

14 hours ago, leander said:

Except when you scroll down the home page to "A word from our lads"!!

Apart from that I'm rather pleased with the new look. Very professional look,  but for it to be believable it needs updating regularly when things happen, and not done en bloc occassionally.

• Like 2

On 1/28/2022 at 9:22 PM, leander said:

Got to love the official Newcastle speedway website. Home page shows the latest results for last August!! , as well as last years team.

Fixture page shows up and coming matches for LAST September. You have to search the news page to find this years fixtures. 

Come on Newcastle, sort it. how do you expect to attract the casual spectator when the first impression you get is that it's shut as the info is SIX months out of date.

13 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Apart from that I'm rather pleased with the new look. Very professional look,  but for it to be believable it needs updating regularly when things happen, and not done en bloc occassionally.

If you're not happy, why not offer your services?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, StevePark said:

If you're not happy, why not offer your services?

Why don’t you? It would appear that the promotion use you as a mouthpiece anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Why don’t you? It would appear that the promotion use you as a mouthpiece anyway.

The promotion certainly don't use me as a "mouthpiece," everything I post on here is totally out of my own desire to do so.

As far as helping out on the Website, been there, done that and 'got the T-shirt.'

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 1

Off the Diamonds website:

Newcastle Diamonds are thrilled to announce that this year, we will be working alongside the Northumberland County Show.

This prestigious event, that attracts 25,000 plus visitors, has like many shows across the country had to take an extended break due to the pandemic, with the last show being staged back in 2019.

This year, however, the show is back with a bang and Newcastle Speedway are honoured to be taking to the main stage as the shows main attraction for 2022.

This year, the show takes place on Friday 3rd June, in honour of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations and all of our Diamonds and management team will be there to fly the flag for Newcastle Speedway, in what promises to be an amazing show.

The Diamonds will be performing burnouts, wheelies and laps of a grass track to entertain the thousands in the crowd, and we hope to see as many of our fans there as possible on the day cheering the lads on!

We are truly honoured to be asked to take part in such a massive event for the region, and our 2022 promotional campaign could not have had a better start than to work alongside the County Show.

Tickets for the show are available to purchase on the day, however to beat the queues as it gets very busy, we thoroughly recommend buying your tickets in advance direct from their website, when they get released in the very near future.

To keep an eye on all info and upcoming details of the 2022 Northumberland County Show please visit their website below… 

https://www.northcountyshow.co.uk/

11 minutes ago, StevePark said:

The promotion certainly don't use me as a "mouthpiece," everything I post on here is totally out of my own desire to do so.

As far as helping out on the Website, been there, done that and 'got the T-shirt.'

Well the website has always been crap so best you don’t help out again.

As for a mouthpiece, you post a hell of a lot of stuff that nobody else has access too, so yes you are a ‘mouthpiece’ own desire or not.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

As for a mouthpiece, you post a hell of a lot of stuff that nobody else has access too, so yes you are a ‘mouthpiece’ own desire or not.

But you said "It would appear that the promotion use you as a mouthpiece," which is not the case.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, StevePark said:

But you said "It would appear that the promotion use you as a mouthpiece," which is not the case.

On numerous occasions you have posted on here ‘I have been asked toooooo’

6 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

On numerous occasions you have posted on here ‘I have been asked toooooo’

The Promotion have never asked me to post anything on here.  Stop making stuff up.

29 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Well actually I like the way they have changed the website and it’s certainly not crap 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

Which promotion you referring to Past or present ?

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Error

16 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

13 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Which promotion you referring to Past or present ?

Seeing as it doesn't look like he's going to answer your question (there's a surprise), I will answer it.

It's quite simple really, neither the current nor previous Promotions have asked me to post anything on here.  All posts are on my own initiative because I want as many to see whatever I'm posting as possible, as I want the club to be a success, no matter who is at the helm.  Not all are on Facebook, so, if it's on FB and not on the website, I will put it on here (sometimes it's on FB, then they put it on the website a short while later, but I've already put it on here!).

Hope that clears that up!

Edited by StevePark
To add a sentence
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

Seeing as it doesn't look like he's going to answer your question (there's a surprise), I will answer it.

It's quite simple really, neither the current nor previous Promotions have asked me to post anything on here.  All posts are on my own initiative because I want as many to see whatever I'm posting as possible, as I want the club to be a success, no matter who is at the helm.  Not all are on Facebook, so, if it's on FB and not on the website, I will put it on here (sometimes it's on FB, then they put it on the website a short while later, but I've already put it on here!).

I don't know why the chap had a go at you, seemingly for no apparent reason.

Personally I find your posts informative and helpful.  You manage to provide factual information without any of the tedious "I know more than you and I'm not telling you everything" attitude which seems oddly prevalent within Speedway circles.

What I want from a sporting website is simple: Up to date fixtures, results and statistical stuff.  As long as the new website can provide that, I'm happy :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, StevePark said:

Yip cheers Steve

• Thanks 1

Have I missed it or has press and practice not been announced yet?