British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Edinburgh SGB Championship KO Cup 1st Rnd 1st Leg Sun 17 Apr 5.30pm

6 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

If you replaced congreve with Ben morley it would definitely strengthen you up at home.  Without breaking the bank. 

No it wouldn't, Morley is a one trick pony and has been for years. He’s hopeless around Brough n all. 

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

So you more weaker teams? Less value for money? 

not this old chestnut again.

instead of telling us what won't work, tell us what would

Edited by ch958
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Bradley probly doesnt, as he was in National League when he first came over.  He'll have some degree of patriality.  If George Congreve is also of British stock and can ride for The Geezers without a permit, might he be found an NDL club to boost his track-time, and confidence, as he battles to make his way up the speedway ladder?

Congreve is on a 4 and not from “British stock” the starting average is the clue, it’s been discussed on here before. I find it odd that Justgotmepc liked the post when he portrays himself as a promotion man and one in the ‘know’.

• Like 1

George Congreve has quoted that he has English born grandparents. Look on the net for the article.

Edited by oggyNZ

56 minutes ago, ch958 said:

not this old chestnut again.

instead of telling us what won't work, tell us what would

Said above i dont pretend to have answers but one thing im sure of is weakening the league wont make more people part with there money 

1 minute ago, phillipsr said:

Said above i dont pretend to have answers but one thing im sure of is weakening the league wont make more people part with there money 

fair enough, but what i would say to you is that the product is the racing between evenly matched teams not big names, especially in the second division. The route for junior riders has been strangled. And trust me they are just as entertaining to watch, often local and very popular because they give 100pc. Thats what the second tier was for many years and it was largely successful and just as importantly, affordable for the promoters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ch958 said:

fair enough, but what i would say to you is that the product is the racing between evenly matched teams not big names, especially in the second division. The route for junior riders has been strangled. And trust me they are just as entertaining to watch, often local and very popular because they give 100pc. Thats what the second tier was for many years and it was largely successful and just as importantly, affordable for the promoters.

I disagree but fair play to you!! I dont find it entertaining in the majority and i like watching better riders, for me and others i know weakening the league would mean id likely find others way to spend my money.. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, oggyNZ said:

George Congreve has quoted that he has English born grandparents. Look on the net for the article.

So why is he on a 4? Can you look on the net and find out why? Has the powers that be robbed him and the Newcastle promotion? I doubt it.

43 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Why not?, it works in supermarkets!,,, a remember when 'a pound' was half a kilo. Now 'a pound' is over 400g and not 454g's,,, less in the box, but same price!!! :nono:

Well,,, looks like we've got a good guest for Oxford coming. He only has to get 7 from 4 to be the best guest so far and, maybe has what it takes to offer some resistance to Batchelor and Nicholls? ;)

Why cant we can get a official update on our number 1 issue? So we got RW for sunday and so far no one for friday

is said person still gunna ride for us? Or is he gone. Least come out and say 100% on which is happening so it least dampens down some frustration 

(they must know now)

12 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

Why cant we can get a official update on our number 1 issue? So we got RW for sunday and so far no one for friday

is said person still gunna ride for us? Or is he gone. Least come out and say 100% on which is happening so it least dampens down some frustration 

(they must know now)

Let’s be honest… we know he ain’t gonna be rushing back soon if at all! The horses for courses game will be played where it can and for the longest time possible… it’s been done for years! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Bradley probly doesnt, as he was in National League when he first came over.  He'll have some degree of patriality.  If George Congreve is also of British stock and can ride for The Geezers without a permit, might he be found an NDL club to boost his track-time, and confidence, as he battles to make his way up the speedway ladder?

BWD was the reason/trigger for NDL riders needing a british passport and was introduced the year after he came over. Hence no more great overseas break throughs since.

On 4/17/2022 at 1:44 PM, redlead said:

Where did BDW pick up his injury, and what is it? 

Either nobody knows or they will not tell us if they do!

Edited by edmon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Championship will never be any good while it has heat leaders that are also riding as heat leaders in the premiership. Championship heat leaders should be fighting to get a reserve or second string berth in the premiership not heat leader status. That would then make the championship sides less of a jump from NDL level for the youngsters coming through. 

• Like 5