British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Oxford SGB Championship Sun 24 Apr 4pm

Just one personal gripe why doesn't Diamonds get played when the riders are doing there parade call me old fashioned but I'm sure it's been played since the reopening in 97.

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Walking into brough park sign says masks should be worn in crowded places,so have taken mine off!

And I was just gonna ask wot the crowds are like now this season...........

Went to the double header (Poole & Plymouth) last season & optimism was higher with a good turn out. 

Just hope Newcastle survive.

7 hours ago, screm said:

We got all our passing out of our system last night as I am thinking there wont be much need of it next Saturday. ;)

Unfortunately I think your correct I'd like to think complin can get amongst the big points on his return to Berwick next Saturday

23 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Same here... Rob watching from the back straight miles away from the riders, rather than in the pits stirring them on...

It would be hard to throw a number out, but we arrived at 10 to and our ticket numbers were in the 400s... Still think a lot of people come in for free through the pits... Even 500 fans is woeful, even for a National League side...

Must admit my patience for George is running out rapidly, surely there's a better option out there... Even Justin Sedgmen would be better... At least it would put James at reserve for a month or so... And the BWD scenario is just getting silly now...

Sedgmen ?? No thanks 

I personally would of went with max clegg in heat 15 instead of J.Wright.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Sedgmen ?? No thanks 

So keep who you have and get beat every week then!!! 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

What would you estimate the crowd to be today ?

54 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

850?? Just a wild guess from someone '...dahn sarf!'

52 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I'd say 500ish (I counted and there aren't many places to hide at Brough so probably a fair estimate).

Not very encouraging attendance wise? 

55 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Just one personal gripe why doesn't Diamonds get played when the riders are doing there parade call me old fashioned but I'm sure it's been played since the reopening in 97.

Dont think riders help on parade,helmets on before been introduced even moving off before coin toss let the fans see u guys the kids love it 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Turnip said:

And I was just gonna ask wot the crowds are like now this season...........

Went to the double header (Poole & Plymouth) last season & optimism was higher with a good turn out. 

Just hope Newcastle survive.

Thought crowd was down today shame as there was some good racing 

32 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

So keep who you have and get beat every week then!!! 

What would sedgmen give us an extra 3 to 4 points a meeting on a good day.. & if he did come in for instance who gets dropped

38 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Sedgmen ?? No thanks 

Miles better than George, even if Sedgmen isn't all that great either. Is Dany Gappmaier still racing? Most important thing would be getting James at reserve...

Just now, Justgotmecpc said:

What would sedgmen give us an extra 3 to 4 points a meeting on a good day.. & if he did come in for instance who gets dropped

George, as my  original post suggested

1 minute ago, Justgotmecpc said:

George? Extra 5 points today and you win… at this rate Newcastle wont get a win all season… do you honestly think you will stay open based on that? 

• Like 2

Tom B struggle today until his last one? Updated seem to suggest unlucky to have been excluded?

Just now, Jaizer said:

Tom B struggle today until his last one? Updated seem to suggest unlucky to have been excluded?

I thought he went hard but fair under newman but their was contact,see a gap go for it !

• Like 1