British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Oxford SGB Championship Sun 24 Apr 4pm

Who would have thought a team with five second strings and two reserves would not have won a competitive match?

Answer: pretty much everybody really

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, idanthyrsus said:

Who would have thought a team with five second strings and two reserves would not have won a competitive match?

Answer: pretty much everybody really

No doubt Newcastle to win next week :lol: we have a habit of failing at Newcastle in the pasty when we shouldn’t have! :oops:

5 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

No doubt Newcastle to win next week :lol: we have a habit of failing at Newcastle in the pasty when we shouldn’t have! :oops:

Nobody wants to fail with a pasty

25 minutes ago, idanthyrsus said:

Nobody wants to fail with a pasty

Especially not in the North East :oops: 

Darn predictive text! :lol:

Another underwhelming performance with another week of silence on BWD injury/replacement... why did I bother

75% of the rest of the crowd didn't...

Well done to Jack Thomas, Dillon Ruml and Kyle Newman. All did brilliant with the last 2 in the wars. Scotty was amazing yet again also.

Edited by Diamonds85

6 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

See there was 1 or 2 passes last night according to the updates at the home of the FTG bandits 

Aye nice to see some good passing and your team winning at home, good result for the 1-5 Diamonds I see

Wish they would announce how long bwd is out. I noticed grant watching from the back straight. 

thought our luck was gunna change but nope, another frustrating loss. 

11 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Another underwhelming performance with another week of silence on BWD injury/replacement... why did I bother

Well done to Jack Thomas, Dillon Ruml and Kyle Newman. All did brilliant with the last 2 in the wars. Scotty was amazing yet again also.

What would you estimate the crowd to be today ?

12 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Wish we had signed them! 

3 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

850?? Just a wild guess from someone '...dahn sarf!'

Congrieve and rumi same 4.oo average worlds apart ,some good close racing on a cold afternoon wont go in shorts again !

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I'd say 500ish (I counted and there aren't many places to hide at Brough so probably a fair estimate).

Edited by arnieg
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Still April and already we have a meeting with three guests and R/R. 

Riders can get injured or ill at any time of the season, be it April or October.

Edited by StevePark

Thankfully for us Batchelor didn't come to the party otherwise this could've been a right hiding. 

I don't think it was a great meeting personally only the scoreline kept it interesting, pretty much most of the passing was from riders picking up grip going into bend 3 and shooting across the corner. One brilliant pass by Nicholls could watch him at brough all day long. 

Our reserves are just too weak I like Complin but brough doesn't suit his style at all and Congreve looks so poor I'd rather we had Archie or even Josh Embleton riding they'd probably score the same points.

22 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

Wish they would announce how long bwd is out. I noticed grant watching from the back straight. 

thought our luck was gunna change but nope, another frustrating loss. 

Same here... Rob watching from the back straight miles away from the riders, rather than in the pits stirring them on...

22 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

It would be hard to throw a number out, but we arrived at 10 to and our ticket numbers were in the 400s... Still think a lot of people come in for free through the pits... Even 500 fans is woeful, even for a National League side...

Must admit my patience for George is running out rapidly, surely there's a better option out there... Even Justin Sedgmen would be better... At least it would put James at reserve for a month or so... And the BWD scenario is just getting silly now...

• Thanks 1