British Speedway Forum

Let's end this debate right here and now. 

What medical cover does your club have?

14 minutes ago, Petecc said:

Poole use:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Poole use:

Maybe the question should have been how many paramedics and ambulances does your track use?

• Haha 2

I've seen Richard Moss covering the paramedic duties at Belle Vue as well as his own track at Buxton.

And 2 ambulances left Leicester on Saturday:t:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Petecc said:

There's no debate to discuss?

Bottom line is, B'ham have done the right thing and have put what should be a minimum requirement in to place.

What it has done, is open my eyes to attending any other meetings around the country.

4 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Bottom line is, B'ham have done the right thing and have put what should be a minimum requirement in to place.

What it has done, is open my eyes to attending any other meetings around the country.

If you look at the brum v Berwick post there was about 17 pages of debate. Some critical some not. However the very small list of replies shows that some people are only happy when moaning about something and not interested when something good happens. Unlike yourself many have no intention of going perry barr but feel the need to complain at every turn.

2 minutes ago, Petecc said:

If you look at the brum v Berwick post there was about 17 pages of debate. Some critical some not. However the very small list of replies shows that some people are only happy when moaning about something and not interested when something good happens. Unlike yourself many have no intention of going perry barr but feel the need to complain at every turn.

Apologies....I accept the debate of sorts..

Some of their points and opinions are valid though Pete...

It was a unique situation against Berwick and one that I wouldnt want the club to face again.

I believe the event that occurred at the Birmingham v Berwick match was not a unique event!

I have been following speedway for over 50 years and I seem to recall that at least two of the matches I have attended over those years were cancelled due to a lack of medical cover / an ambulance not being available, after a rider / riders had been taken to hospital. In fact, I think one of those matches was a Birmingham home match, but probably a good few years ago. Perhaps someone with better records than mine can recall when.

As the saying goes, "Sometimes s?@t just happens!"

At least its good to see the new management team have moved quickly to put the situation right. 

Edited by Brummie Boy

Coventry (I know not a championship club or club at all anymore :(always had multiple ambulances and paramedics.  Even better was having a Dr Kenyon at every meeting not just a head paramedic.  I am sure that Dr saved some lives having seen some huge crashes at Coventry in the past.  Even then I remember sitting for medical delays

6 hours ago, rcgods said:

Coventry (I know not a championship club or club at all anymore :(always had multiple ambulances and paramedics.  Even better was having a Dr Kenyon at every meeting not just a head paramedic.  I am sure that Dr saved some lives having seen some huge crashes at Coventry in the past.  Even then I remember sitting for medical delays

Not so much about medical delays more about meetings being called off due to lack of medical cover. 

16 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

to be fair I think the topic has been started so that we as fans know what medical cover is in place at tracks around the country so we can make the decision before travelling

16 hours ago, Petecc said:

I think the very small list of replies shows that the fans are pretty much in the dark as to what the medical cover is at tracks and are often reliant on "people in the know" that work/volunteer at tracks to come on here with the top secret information.

Most of us probably just (naively) think adequate medical cover is in place to have meetings run to completion , which obviously hasn't been the case all the time at certain tracks

Edited by iainb