British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

1 hour ago, Winditon said:

Was asking Steve as he seems to see things when they are released and I'm not on Snakebook and that's where most of the information seems to come from. Hope that clears that up for you.

The last post regarding Season Ticket refunds was posted on Facebook on 22nd June.  It may have already been posted on here but, in case it hasn't it read:

SEASON TICKET REFUND INFORMATION

Newcastle Speedway have issued information about their plans to refund monies back to their season ticket holders with there being five outstanding Championship matches and three outstanding Summer Trophy meetings, totalling eight to be sent back to the supporters.

Club owner Rob Grant said: "We will be starting the refunds of our season tickets towards the back end of next week in a procedure which will take a few weeks to complete once we're taking in funds from our other businesses.

"If you pre-booked your season ticket via the TryBooking online site, then this will be automatically refunded to your account without having to do anything. If, on the other hand, you purchased your season ticket by issuing a cheque, then to help the process along, could you contact us via our website email address, info@newcastle-speedway.co.uk , so we can discuss the way you'd like to receive your refund.

"Also, I'd like to ask again if anyone out there has any interest in taking on Newcastle Speedway for the future, then please don't delay and contact us on the same info@newcastle-speedway.co.uk to start a discussion, to be fair as soon as possible for logistical purposes before we have to start moving on our assets. So please drop us an email without delay."

Hope this helps (even though it doesn't, if you see what I mean!)

The above was a lie from the club as per usual as in a later post in comments section they said it would depend on sale of club and assets.

We could be waiting a while or might not get it back at all.

If only they cared as much as we do! 

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

The above was a lie from the club as per usual as in a later post in comments section they said it would depend on sale of club and assets.

We could be waiting a while or might not get it back at all.

If only they cared as much as we do! 

Exactly. Grant is just stringing us along. If he had anything about him he would release a statement regarding the refunds as they were meant to be paid at the end of June as per his statement when he announced the club was folding. It's shocking that folk are still waiting after hanging over hard earned cash. Makes it worse in today's current climate 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StevePark said:

The last post regarding Season Ticket refunds was posted on Facebook on 22nd June.  It may have already been posted on here but, in case it hasn't it read:

SEASON TICKET REFUND INFORMATION

Newcastle Speedway have issued information about their plans to refund monies back to their season ticket holders with there being five outstanding Championship matches and three outstanding Summer Trophy meetings, totalling eight to be sent back to the supporters.

Club owner Rob Grant said: "We will be starting the refunds of our season tickets towards the back end of next week in a procedure which will take a few weeks to complete once we're taking in funds from our other businesses.

"If you pre-booked your season ticket via the TryBooking online site, then this will be automatically refunded to your account without having to do anything. If, on the other hand, you purchased your season ticket by issuing a cheque, then to help the process along, could you contact us via our website email address, info@newcastle-speedway.co.uk , so we can discuss the way you'd like to receive your refund.

"Also, I'd like to ask again if anyone out there has any interest in taking on Newcastle Speedway for the future, then please don't delay and contact us on the same info@newcastle-speedway.co.uk to start a discussion, to be fair as soon as possible for logistical purposes before we have to start moving on our assets. So please drop us an email without delay."

Hope this helps (even though it doesn't, if you see what I mean!)

Thanks Steve

31 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

If he has a shop? go and visit, I certainly would.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking of doing. 

12 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking of doing. 

I don’t really condone that however Grant has made absolutely no effort to contact the season ticket holders, he has a mailing address for them after all. A note to say what is happening would be nice.

On 7/16/2022 at 10:14 PM, Winditon said:

An announcement on season ticket refunds wouldn't go a miss

Might have to take that up with the liquidators if what I am hearing is correct... 

In other words I doubt there will be a refund... hopefully it's wrong but let's wait and see...

Regards 

THJ

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Diamondboy said:

If he has a shop? go and visit, I certainly would.

What you going to do ask for 4 fillet steaks,6 rump chops,6 Lamb chops,1leg of lamb,A joint of silverside and some mince and sausages.Just tell them to put it on Rob Grants bill.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Might have to take that up with the liquidators if what I am hearing is correct... 

In other words I doubt there will be a refund... hopefully it's wrong but let's wait and see...

Regards 

THJ

Nothing surprises me any more and just a way of taking the easier way out.

29 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ

True just had a e mail about Liquidators.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ

Just aswell moxy never had a season ticket or the burger van might have literally been flame grilled 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ

Yeah you're probably right. Don't hold out much hope. I paid for two aswell. Maybe I'll go to his farm shop order loads of stuff and just walk out with it and tell him to knock it off what he owes me. Ha ha.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Winditon said:

Yeah you're probably right. Don't hold out much hope. I paid for two aswell. Maybe I'll go to his farm shop order loads of stuff and just walk out with it and tell him to knock it off what he owes me. Ha ha.

I think there might be a few paying a visit to his farm shop .

• Like 1