British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Redcar 30/07/22 Summer Jubilee League Trophy

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

It was just your average run of the mill meeting Lisa, which seems to be far too rare an occurrence these days, nothing to comment on like a team of guests etc.

The team of the guests can be quite entertaining though ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

The team of the guests can be quite entertaining though ;)

Absolutely it can if you can watch it out of the context of it being meaningful to anything other than just Speedway racing, making your match on Friday an "official" fixture just devalues the competition completely

Edited by iainb

41 minutes ago, iainb said:

Absolutely it can if you can watch it out of the context of it being meaningful to anything other than just Speedway racing, making your match on Friday an "official" fixture just devalues the competition completely

Just went for the racing, which was more entertaining than the Poole vs Glasgow meeting at times! 

• Like 1

Terrible racetrack. Worse than I remembered. 

Good night if you are a tractor fan though. Never seen so much grading at a speedway track on a clear dry night!

11 hours ago, BrizHeathen said:

The track looked ok but riders were having difficulties entering the third bend. Max Clegg took the safest route but it was also the slowest (he needs to move off the line a bit more)

Some top racers in both teams but it was hard going from the back.

Still another enjoyable evening with the travelling partners relieving the club of some 50/50 cash.

Third bend as been dodgy for sum time at Leicester. It looked like it was responsible for Lawson's (guesting for Monarchs) chain coming off.

54 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Terrible racetrack. Worse than I remembered. 

Good night if you are a tractor fan though. Never seen so much grading at a speedway track on a clear dry night!

The tractor driver at Leicester shud go out on track to the sound of "you spin me round round baby right round like a tractor baby right round" :D

:party:

1 hour ago, Bellers101 said:

We do like our tractors at Leicester, we even got to see it after heat 2 last night and a heat earlier than normal for an extended interval 

Thanks Iain. :lol: My speedway days are over but its comments like this that make me appreciate the fact I am actually not that bothered. Seeing the tractor do more laps than the bikes has always been one of my pet hates.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, iainb said:

We do like our tractors at Leicester, we even got to see it after heat 2 last night and a heat earlier than normal for an extended interval 

There were very good reasons why the tractor went out after heat 2, and an even better reason for us taking the interval at ht 10 rather than ht11, 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BTFC LION said:

There were very good reasons why the tractor went out after heat 2, and an even better reason for us taking the interval at ht 10 rather than ht11, 

I'm sure it wasn't just to annoy me :D