British Speedway Forum
scoobydoo

Panthers v Tigers 29/08/22

to be fair he did race that tyre for 3/4 of a lap while it was flat.

Of all the tyre manufacturers in the world, only speedway could find one that doesn't last the 60 seconds needed.... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Of all the tyre manufacturers in the world, only speedway could find one that doesn't last the 60 seconds needed.... 

3 lap races next year until the stock of tyres have been used up

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

IM confused!!!!:rolleyes:

British speedway web site say meeting abandoned -lack of tyres

Eurosport and Simon stead saying that the track was at fault for the punctures!!!!

Surely someone in UK speedway can/could clarify what it is?!!

Only in speedway

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Standard procedure is 7 tyres issued to each team prior to the start of the meeting , tyres which are checked by the referee from an official batch from the BSPL stock ( a garage proprietary in Lincolnshire ) and distributed at random to each rider to be fitted at the track.

Riders will have a used tyre on their second bike which can only be used, when checked and authorised, in an emergency situation.

Your explanation is much appreciated.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

And nobody is talking about the elephant in the room, in the last 15-20 years the revs on a speedway bike have increased dramatically, tyres can’t cope, valves springs can’t cope, tracks can’t cope, nothing has been achieved racing wise or cost wise and safety wise has gone backwards, the only ones to benefit are the tuners and even they will tell you they don’t make enough, it is a misconception that speedway is faster now, it isn’t, the bikes are traveling at roughly the same speed as the upright days, the difference is the speed of the spinning wheel has increased hugely and you run a tyre spinning at that speed with around 6psi what the hell do you expect, yes mitas were a better tyre than anlas but there isn’t a tyre manufacturer in the world that could produce a tyre that wouldn’t get ripped to shreds on a current speedway bike, will speedway learn from its mistakes ? I doubt it 

I'm sure long term speedway fans have been talking about this forever but that's all we can do, it's down to those who run the sport to stop 'progression', to go back to go forward. It happened when laydowns came in, it can happen again if the will is there, from the top downwards ....

4 minutes ago, Trees said:

I'm sure long term speedway fans have been talking about this forever but that's all we can do, it's down to those who run the sport to stop 'progression', to go back to go forward. It happened when laydowns came in, it can happen again if the will is there, from the top downwards ....

It won’t happen because there is no discipline in the mechanical side of the sport, the riders rule the sport, until that changes nothing changes  

• Like 2

The sport is really starting to hit rock bottom.Your turning up now wondering what will go wrong tonight. Farcical stuff,you couldn’t make it up.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Lord Skid said:

Unless I am reading it wrong, they should have used the tyres on their spare bikes, which according to the regs should be used in an emergency 

so there should have been 14 used tyres from the meetings that both teams used in another meeting , therefore those tyres could ,should have been used to allow the meeting to carry on like sorry if its been  mentioned  before .

last one out put the lights off and throw away the keys .  save everyone a good bit of cash ..

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jenga said:

so there should have been 14 used tyres from the meetings that both teams used in another meeting , therefore those tyres could ,should have been used to allow the meeting to carry on like sorry if its been  mentioned  before .

last one out put the lights off and throw away the keys .  save everyone a good bit of cash ..

If brand new tyres weren’t lasting 4 laps, what makes you think used tyres would?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Thanks, my thoughts were would the tyre situation have affected the second half riders. But as you say declared closed means closed.

There wasn’t any second half riders in the pits 

Mate of mine stood over by the pits and heard basso’s mechanic come in and say he’s sick of coming too this f**king place…. Too me that says enough, my opinion is if they know it’s partly down too the track and not just the tyres why aren’t they sorting it out, had a 6 week gap in between home fixtures but you’d get the ‘we can’t get on the track’. Never question that rider safety isn’t important but once again it’s the supporters that are left with a sour taste in our mouths. All seems so coincidental that it was pushed too heat 10 too get a result that’s what’s annoyed me. 

Personally think they need too reduce attendance next week for those with a ticket from yesterdays sh*t show 

8 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

It won’t happen because there is no discipline in the mechanical side of the sport, the riders rule the sport, until that changes nothing changes  

The FIM should rule that from 1.1.2024 the width of the piston is limited to xx.xx mm. I dont even know how much they are now, but taking 10-20 % off it would pave way for longer stroking engines, wider power curve and it would level up the engine playing field for a couple of years between JRM and GM. Also it woud reduce high end top speeds resulting in less damage in crashes both rider and machinery wise.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Could be the final time many speedway fans around the country get to see the track in use next week

It's not I was told again last night we are at the showground next season