British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
IanBrannan

Tatum Talks Podcast

10 hours ago, chunky said:

You mean "he was the best player on the park"?

There is a football talk show in Germany where if they come out with a cliche they have to put money in a box on the table..

On 9/3/2022 at 1:05 PM, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Because it’s been done before by god knows how many people, the sport is full of podcasts, I’ve even been on one, there is nothing new, it’s all very tame and the same questions because nobody wants to step outside their comfort zone, there is nothing wrong with podcasts but be different otherwise we heard it all before, how about getting somebody on who isn’t afraid to call out the idiots running the sport (into the ground) I might tune in then otherwise it’s no from me  

We did that with the BIKERfm speedway show with a 20k listenership every Tuesday.  Then I was told to choose between hosting the show or lose my licence to be a Centre Green Announcer :(

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

We did that with the BIKERfm speedway show with a 20k listenership every Tuesday.  Then I was told to choose between hosting the show or lose my licence to be a Centre Green Announcer :(

About right...

I would suggest UK Speedway has many more followers than actual attending fans...

With many thousands still passionate about the sport but feel they cannot support such a ludicrous operating model with their hard earned..

Or cannot attend on the restricted nights their clubs run...

Circa 15,000 a week (optimistically), attend the sport I would say if 15 meetings were ran, 20,000 a week listened to you...

With a regularly growing listenership...

No publicity is bad publicity, (it is better to be talked about than not talked about when in the public eye), and sticking your fingers in your ears and going "la laaaaa, I can't hear you!" when getting some unsolicited databased feedback is never a great idea when in business..

But it is "gold" if you have an open mind and are humble enough to accept it at face value, as it will accelerate your growth tremendously...