British Speedway Forum
Col

05.09. Aces v Tigers - League "B"

2 hours ago, Col said:

Strange meeting, Aces win comfortably but Fricke & Zagar only get one heat win between them.  Zagar did get very close to passing Howarth in heat 4, then was pipped to the line by Holder in heat 9 after passing the Aussie earlier in the heat.

Etheridge v Ellis was a great race but cut a 3/4 of a lap short by Ellis' shedding which caused him to fall.

By the end of the night there was only 1 line to be on, a couple of feet from which caused Howarth to run out of room as Wright & Blodorn got there at the same time.  Bit unlucky to be excluded, guess ref couldn't say all 4 back as the three of them were almost on the back straight.

Blodorn again the pick of the Aces pack. With Kurtz not far behind but for a poor heat 11.

If Klindt didn't register the fastest heat of the year in heat 5 I'd be surprised was super fast.

Howarth was decent, Holder improved after a poor first ride. Ellis doesn't look right, Mountain had a decent battle for a point in heat 14 and was on the pace.

Posted between heat 14 & 15.

Klindt was nowhere near the fastest time, but as you say that's very surprising as he looked like he was riding a rocket, his speed looked incredible. 

4 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Klindt was nowhere near the fastest time, but as you say that's very surprising as he looked like he was riding a rocket, his speed looked incredible. 

If Klindt gated first! Did nothing otherwise.

Got Eurosport recording paused. No way is Howarth in front of Zagar as the two cross the line in heat 3. Zagars front tyre & chest are in front of Howarth... ref obviously might not have the benefit of this.

Edited by Col
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Col said:

Got Eurosport recording paused. No way is Howarth in front of Zagar as the two cross the line in heat 3. Zagars front tyre & chest are in front of Howarth... ref obviously might not have the benefit of this.

Pretty sure I saw him go past somebody on the Eurosport clips.

Yeah. Klindt made 2 passes tonight round the outside. He was on it. 

good match that despite the score line. Some great racing. 

the booing came from 2 individuals who are pissed up and do t even come to belle Vue. Was there first match of the season. And it’s always the case when they come. 

congratulations to the Sheffield fan who was on his 700th consecutive away meeting following Sheffield. That’s some going. Fair play to the man 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Yeah. Klindt made 2 passes tonight round the outside. He was on it. 

good match that despite the score line. Some great racing. 

the booing came from 2 individuals who are pissed up and do t even come to belle Vue. Was there first match of the season. And it’s always the case when they come. 

congratulations to the Sheffield fan who was on his 700th consecutive away meeting following Sheffield. That’s some going. Fair play to the man 

Ah fair does. It was a small minority of people just disappointing none the less.

As for positive though, it was genuinely the best meeting I've seen all season. Got taken by a neutral so they appreciated a lot more than I did as my views were tampered by the result!

Must say it was excellent at Belle Vue. The overall presentation was great, there was no hanging about and waiting, the racing was top notch and was just impressive to see the level of standard of a self sufficient track can be. It's the height of what every club should aim for even if its most likely unobtainable for most.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Rob B said:

Didn’t say it did justify it did I. 

Talking about supporters why is Sheffield away support always so crap for a track less then hour away. Can count them on fingers and toes yet Belle Vue take at least 150-200 to Sheffield.

Probably because most people now can't afford to attend,myself included..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Col said:

A referee gives it as they see it. No access to any media clip replays.