British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

18 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Someone that works in lynn. I think maybe  with Brady has said that buster has sold both clubs. I’m guessing one to Brady and the other to maybe crendon ? 
this is could all be absolute rubbish. But it ties in  with the announcement that was never and announcement because the I’s weren’t dotted and t’s not Crossed. 

Good shout tbh.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Someone that works in lynn. I think maybe  with Brady has said that buster has sold both clubs. I’m guessing one to Brady and the other to maybe crendon ? 
this is could all be absolute rubbish. But it ties in  with the announcement that was never and announcement because the I’s weren’t dotted and t’s not Crossed. 

Who on earth would buy Peterborough with one season left.

2 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Who on earth would buy Peterborough with one season left.

No idea mate, that’s just what people are saying and it kind of makes sense with the announcement debacle. Maybe behind the scenes they’ve secured the future of the club. Got some land and planning permission or something.? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If Peterborough are to run with a sub standard team and use a whats left policy bunch of riders , they would be better off not running at all .

What is the attraction for Peterborough riders to join Lynn ,  tracks basically the same with material and preparation,  even the shapes fairly similar

Can only be one thing "money" ,  unless Rob Lyon is the problem

Agree.

I'd rather race at Championship level if we can't build a competitive Premiership team.

You can easily build a successful Championship team with Harris, Andersen & MPT leading the team imo.

Chris Harris has left Berwick and he did turn up at the end of season party so maybe something's in that if we're running at Championship level under new management.

We are running prem 100% the British speedway announcement about the Championship rules last week stated the 9 teams competing in the champ and pboro wasn’t on the list 

24 minutes ago, TTT said:

Chris Harris has left Berwick and he did turn up at the end of season party so maybe something's in that if we're running at Championship level under new management.

Chris was at Berwick's end-of-season night on Friday no mention of him staying or leaving

58 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Would think it’s more likely Tomlinson buying in / getting more heavily involved? He seems pretty active for a sponsor. If so I’d hope it means the talk of looking for a new home base is more than just talk…

3 minutes ago, Sully said:

Would think it’s more likely Tomlinson buying in / getting more heavily involved? He seems pretty active for a sponsor. If so I’d hope it means the talk of looking for a new home base is more than just talk…

Yeah good shout, didn’t think about Tomlinson. Just looked and he’s definitely expanding his businesses so maybe a new auction site/arena with a speedway track could work nice ! 

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

If Peterborough are to run with a sub standard team and use a whats left policy bunch of riders , they would be better off not running at all .

What is the attraction for Peterborough riders to join Lynn ,  tracks basically the same with material and preparation,  even the shapes fairly similar

Maybe it's Peterborough's choice to move sone riders on and have a fresh start? Perhaps averages don't fit into the usual jigsaw puzzle? 

Doesn't have to be money, can't imagine the going rate is very different between Buster's two clubs if at all. 

I'd have thought a brand new and competitive 1-7 for Panthers might be a good thing for everyone.

57 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Maybe it's Peterborough's choice to move sone riders on and have a fresh start? Perhaps averages don't fit into the usual jigsaw puzzle? 

Doesn't have to be money, can't imagine the going rate is very different between Buster's two clubs if at all. 

I'd have thought a brand new and competitive 1-7 for Panthers might be a good thing for everyone.

Going rate maybe the same but the funds to implement changes or pre season team building  have to different,  no rent to pay and catering/stocks  income at Lynn 

Why would Basso and MPT be riders Peterborough moved on if rumours are/were true , Nicholls,  Andersen perhaps but not those two,  Harris is a nomad who moves around alot anyway.

Peterborough should have more in the bank if you take into consideration they made no team changes other than the RS slot , Lynn brought in Klindt and Jakobsen which wouldn't of been cheap for the time of year,  maybe Lynn have better and more sponsorship but it seems theres more money available to Lynn than Peterborough. 

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

The track is the problem in the case of Harris and Basso they hate it. 

We won't be putting a sub standard team out 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Good shout tbh.

Michael Tomalin not Crendon the future will be bright......

Edited by Flappy

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Going rate maybe the same but the funds to implement changes or pre season team building  have to different,  no rent to pay and catering/stocks  income at Lynn 

Why would Basso and MPT be riders Peterborough moved on if rumours are/were true , Nicholls,  Andersen perhaps but not those two,  Harris is a nomad who moves around alot anyway.

Peterborough should have more in the bank if you take into consideration they made no team changes other than the RS slot , Lynn brought in Klindt and Jakobsen which wouldn't of been cheap for the time of year,  maybe Lynn have better and more sponsorship but it seems theres more money available to Lynn than Peterborough. 

Flappy beat me to it but in the case of Basso he disliked the EoES but liked Lynn, can't have liked it that much though as he's chosen Glasgae as his UK club and good luck to him, excellent young rider.

Perhaps you are right, maybe the rent at P'boro takes from the budget a bit, and perhaps food and drink sales at Lynn adds to theirs. 

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

The track is the problem in the case of Harris and Basso they hate it. 

We won't be putting a sub standard team out 

Harris has signed for us 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022. He must really hate the track :rolleyes: