British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

That team is nearly 2 and a half points under the limit.  

Yep, I know they have spoken to at least 5 top riders to be put and out number 1. All wanted way to much money as they would need a whole new set up in the UK, bikes mechanics the lot. Rasmus Jensen said he doesn’t want to spend 20-30k on setting up in the UK again 

If Ipswich can afford both Doyle & Emil then Tomalin can afford Nicki Pedersen.

Everything coming from Tomalin's social media accounts suggests title challenging team with major signings still to be revealed.

• Like 1

I don’t think tomalin will Be the sole owner this season, buster will still have a big say on stuff. Hence the sensible team Building that doesn’t blow the budget 

18 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

I don’t think tomalin will Be the sole owner this season, buster will still have a big say on stuff. Hence the sensible team Building that doesn’t blow the budget 

Tomalin doesn't need Buster's say so to fund through sponsorship 

18 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

2 and a half points under limit isn't sensible if it includes Hans Andersen it's insanity 

• Like 2

Katy Lewis and Michael Tomalin have both said everything is worth waiting for and the latter has said first major signing when announcing Basso which suggests a very strong side containing 2/3 major signings.

They wouldn't get everyone's hopes up for a team around 2.5 under the limit that contains both Hans Andersen & Richie Worrall.

51 minutes ago, Flappy said:

2 and a half points under limit isn't sensible if it includes Hans Andersen it's insanity 

N.P.....would add a bit of spice to the league...people would  pay to watch him......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Tomalin doesn't need Buster's say so to fund through sponsorship 

I get that. I fund  the club through sponsorship as well but I don’t pick the team ? 

4 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

I get that. I fund  the club through sponsorship as well but I don’t pick the team ? 

Tomalin doesn't pick the team, Rob Lyon does to what budget set.  The more sponsorship the more the budget same with Brady at Lynn 

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Tomalin doesn't pick the team, Rob Lyon does to what budget set.  The more sponsorship the more the budget same with Brady at Lynn 

Exactly so why is tomalin saying things like he makes the decisions, he probably doesn’t know the team either just as I don’t , I throw a healthy amount at the club every year and I don’t know the team until the rest of us. Obviously I have my relationship with people within the club and have an idea of what riders we have signed as do you, but I guess other than rob Lyon. Buster, Carl Johnson know one knows for sure who we have signed 

Just now, Gasser90 said:

Exactly so why is tomalin saying things like he makes the decisions, he probably doesn’t know the team either just as I don’t , I throw a healthy amount at the club every year and I don’t know the team until the rest of us. Obviously I have my relationship with people within the club and have an idea of what riders we have signed as do you, but I guess other than rob Lyon. Buster, Carl Johnson know one knows for sure who we have signed 

MT knows 

7 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

Tungate was never in the team. He wanted the same money as a current GP rider that we had talks with. I’m hearing pedersen wants silly money as well so I’m guessing we will end up 

NKI

andersen

basso

worrall

holder

cook

jenkins 

Swap Tungate for Andersen and that's the team I'm told no matter what he said in his interview 

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Swap Tungate for Andersen and that's the team I'm told no matter what he said in his interview 

Fingers crossed.

Tungate is a must, Any title challenging team needs a strong 3&4 pairing that scores like a 1&5 pairing around their home track.