British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

11 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Can't believe so many fans are talking down Hans. They must have short memories.

Have people forgotten about the 2006 season? Hans was unbeatable and helped us beat the Reading Bulldogs.

17 years ago…… personally I’ll never forget that night but you can’t compare that Hans Andersen too the current 

Edited by Redpanther
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

17 years ago…… personally I’ll never forget that night but you can compare that Hans Andersen too the current 

This completely.  I'd love to know the rationale behind him being the last man standing of dad's army 

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

This completely.  I'd love to know the rationale behind him being the last man standing of dad's army 

All the others didnt want to return ,  although did hear that one actually regretted going elsewhere 

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

Blinded by loyalty / love to a point where neither side even considers leaving the other no matter how bad it gets.

We can now pencil Andersen in at Peterborough until he decides to retire now, Signing him on a 4.93 when you've got over 7.00 points left to use tells us everything we need to know about the clubs thinking behind the decision imo.

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

All the others didnt want to return ,  although did hear that one actually regretted going elsewhere 

Can only be MPT or Bomber then.

16 hours ago, gazz 50s said:

to be honest that is not a bad team. i have always wanted us to sign Rasmus he always does well around the showground, not to sure about Hans though

Is this for real or just wishful thinking.

I think there is going to be some changes made. I know I said we’ve signed 7 riders… which we have but speedway is brutal and I believe we might see one or two new faces than the team we all believe before the season starts 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TINYS said:

Is this for real or just wishful thinking.

We thought we had him mid summer 

2 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

I think there is going to be some changes made. I know I said we’ve signed 7 riders… which we have but speedway is brutal and I believe we might see one or two new faces than the team we all believe before the season starts 

Management have to do something because they'll run at a massive financial loss otherwise.

They won't shift many season tickets with just the 3 riders announced and barely anyone will buy one if the team is 2 something under the limit containing both Andersen & Worrall.

Our management have talked a big game all winter so they've got to deliver the goods now.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Management have to do something because they'll run at a massive financial loss otherwise.

They won't shift many season tickets with just the 3 riders announced and barely anyone will buy one if the team is 2 something under the limit containing both Andersen & Worrall.

Our management have talked a big game all winter so they've got to deliver the goods now.

Our "management" haven't said ANYTHING all winter, apart from announce the signings of Basso, Cook and Jenkins.

Any other riders linked with us are somewhere between informed rumours and pure guesses.

Edited by Panthers70
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Panthers70 said:

Our "management" haven't said ANYTHING all winter, apart from announce the signings of Basso, Cook and Jenkins.

Any other riders linked with us are somewhere between informed rumours and pure guesses.

Check facebook and Twitter :t:

18 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Of course he's not going to, he's a 6 point rider, if he was gonna ride above that average on a consistent basis, he'd be a 7 point rider!

He just needs to believe he can ride all types of tracks imo .....

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Check facebook and Twitter :t:

I have done!

I see nothing about any other signings, or possible signings, or even hints of possible signings on the OFFICIAL Facebook and Twitter pages.

As I said in my previous post everything else is just rumours or guesses, unfortunately.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 6:40 PM, Crump99 said:

That depends on AEPG and whether their proposed planning application was submitted at the end of 2022 as they expected and went through unopposed? There was plenty of local opposition. If it all gets tricky and expensive for them then I don't think another season would be out of the question although it's clutching at straws.

The bloke behind it lives with the fairies, it’s words and pictures. No planning application submitted as of yet, likely to be refused on the grounds of lack of road infrastructure to support the increased volume of traffic, is what I have heard. IMHO it will never happen as he currently plans it.

4 hours ago, Mick Bratley said:

The bloke behind it lives with the fairies, it’s words and pictures. No planning application submitted as of yet, likely to be refused on the grounds of lack of road infrastructure to support the increased volume of traffic, is what I have heard. IMHO it will never happen as he currently plans it.

The bloke that wants to build on the Showground, or Tomalin with his new site? Yes i've had a few watching the Man U game ;)

• Like 1