British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

The bloke that wants to build on the Showground, or Tomalin with his new site? Yes i've had a few watching the Man U game ;)

The showground.  Panthers won't be leaving for a while yet 

Another day of radio silence from Panthers media team (who does it btw) may even offer my services 

23 minutes ago, Flappy said:

The showground.  Panthers won't be leaving for a while yet 

Heard some whispers Hans will be at least 45+  before they leave

• Haha 1

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/motorcycling/peterborough-panthers-close-to-making-key-announcements-3992783

Share this on your own social media sites, you don't have to wait for a once a week Peterborough Telegraph or Speedway Star. 

We live in a 24/7 news world now and it needs dragging into 2022

Edited by Flappy

At least that's something.

No way is the rumoured 1-7 true now going by that article. Some ins are now outs and I think Chris Holder is one of them because he would've been announced by now if he signed ages ago imo.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Flappy said:

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/motorcycling/peterborough-panthers-close-to-making-key-announcements-3992783

Share this on your own social media sites, you don't have to wait for a once a week Peterborough Telegraph or Speedway Star. 

"A club spokesman" - why all the secrecy, we all know it'll be Carl?  Why did Dickie Greer leave?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Flappy said:

That last paragraph is a little different to "I'm a winner" isn't it :D

“In the meantime we’re committed to putting on a great season, and hopefully the full team will be well received when it is confirmed.”

Suggests that the fans may not be so pleased compared to previous rumours 

My prediction.

Andersen & Worrall locks imo (Ipswich not interested), Tungate liked the fixture list post, NKI will take all the work he can get considering he's at the back end of his career and Polish rules allow him to do 4 leagues now, The other 3 have been confirmed already.

NKI

Andersen

Tungate

Worrall

Basso

B. Cook

JJ

9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

That last paragraph is a little different to "I'm a winner" isn't it :D

“In the meantime we’re committed to putting on a great season, and hopefully the full team will be well received when it is confirmed.”

Suggests that the fans may not be so pleased compared to previous rumours 

:t: 

19 minutes ago, TTT said:

My prediction.

Andersen & Worrall locks imo (Ipswich not interested), Tungate liked the fixture list post, NKI will take all the work he can get considering he's at the back end of his career and Polish rules allow him to do 4 leagues now, The other 3 have been confirmed already.

NKI

Andersen

Tungate

Worrall

Basso

B. Cook

JJ

2.71 under the limit :o :D

6 minutes ago, Flappy said:

2.71 under the limit :o :D

Unfortunately so, The bottom part of the article doesn't fill me with any confidence at all tbh. 

Your info said 4 had signed and 3 of those were confirmed one after the other at a reasonable pace but Holder hasn't been announced yet which makes me think something could've gone wrong with that one and by the process of elimination everything points towards Holder or NKI being out.

Hawkins comments tells us Andersen & Worrall are both at Peterborough imo, Tungate's like on the fixture list post points towards Rohan being a done deal imo.

I also think Buster Chapman remains as the owner as it stands because that 1-7 is a Buster Chapman side rather than a Michael Tomalin side imo.

Edited by TTT
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

Unfortunately so, The bottom part of the article doesn't fill me with any confidence at all tbh. 

Your info said 4 had signed and 3 of those were confirmed one after the other at a reasonable pace but Holder hasn't been announced yet which makes me think something could've gone wrong with that one and by the process of elimination everything points towards Holder or NKI being out.

Hawkins comments tells us Andersen & Worrall are both at Peterborough imo, Tungate's like on the fixture list post points towards Rohan being a done deal imo.

I also think Buster Chapman remains as the owner as it stands because that 1-7 is a Buster Chapman side rather than a Michael Tomalin side imo.

If Buster is still owner you'll need to hope Tungate keeps his mouth shut too :lol:

We won't be putting a side out 3 points under the limit surely. 

Makes zero sense in any way. Not even financial.

No way on earth Basso had no other offers but to return to Peterborough to make up the numbers 

Edited by Flappy

A more in depth look at my latest 1-7 just screams Buster Chapman 1-7.

We've got NKI @ 1 apparently and he's Buster's go to go guy when searching for a  No.1, NKI always rides for Buster Chapman whether it's at KL or Panthers, NKI was going to be a Panther a couple of years ago but the season got cancelled.

We've got Basso and apparently the early rumour was that Ben wanted to ride for KL another Buster owned club before dropping Premiership racing altogether until another U-Turn happened.

We've got Richie Worrall apparently and it's an easy move for Buster Chapman to make giving a member of his 2022 KL Stars side a gig at Panthers in 2023.

We've got Hans Andersen apparently and it's an easy budget deal to do at whatever price Buster feels like paying for Hans because Hans wouldn't be in a position to demand a certain amount as no other club would go near him in 2023 so it's a case of ride for this amount or don't ride at all.

Chris Holder & Buster Chapman wouldn't work for each other again so he's 100% out if the side isn't owned by Michael Tomalin so it brings us full circle to Rohan Tungate's like that he left on the Panthers facebook post regarding the fixture list and he can complete the 1-5 with the already announced reserve pairing of Cook & Jenkins.

Chris Holder's inclusion is clearly subject to Buster not being in control of the club , but the article points at Buster's time in charge of the club and the future of the club going forward into 2023 and beyond , 

Im cup over half full in that IMO Buster has sold the club to Tomalin and the Panthers will be at the showground for longer than first announced

But could be wrong and were all doooomed

• Like 2