British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

30 minutes ago, TTT said:

Who gets announced next then? Andersen or Worrall? 

I just hope we don't have to wait until March to find out.

Who is a good question...Dont really  get this thing about not announcing riders when they have already signed..Surely if they have signed a big name u would  put it out there boost season tickets ...or are they keeping it hush hush for a reason .....

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

The fact is speedway U.K. can't afford that sort of money. You would need 500 extra punters on your home gates.

159 new fans at £22 = £3498. That sounds doable to me.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

159 new fans at £22 =£3498. That sounds doable to me.

There u go .....big names draw crowds....but uve got to account  4 away matches ...but still doable ....

43 minutes ago, TTT said:

Who gets announced next then? Andersen or Worrall? 

I just hope we don't have to wait until March to find out.

They seem to be taking there time ...lol

2 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

He said proven number 1...sounds like he's  at number  1...may be he thinks that team is good  enough  to win the league....

"Proven number 1" could include having been a No.1 at some point/s in the past at top league level, whilst not necessarily starting the forthcoming season at that position in the team.  

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

159 new fans at £22 = £3498. That sounds doable to me.

318 - it has to pay for him home and away

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hamish McRaker said:

"Proven number 1" could include having been a No.1 at some point/s in the past at top league level, whilst not necessarily starting the forthcoming season at that position in the team.  

Could be ...next signing will give u more idea...

2 minutes ago, Noodles said:

318 - it has to pay for him home and away

Really isn’t that difficult tho to get more people in, take the 2021 season, Peterborough had really healthy crowds for the vast majority of the season especially towards the end!
Then last year it was poor. Takes an exciting team that put on good performances people will part with there money for that, not the shambles we had last year.

16 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

There u go .....big names draw crowds....but uve got to account  4 away matches ...but still doable ....

Yeah i had forgot that lol:oops:. But if you have to pay a 6 pointer £200 a point in his place that's £1200..So you could argue he's an extra £2300 per meeting. 209 fans @ £22 covers the extra home and away (£4600)..:t:.. Could he pull in 209 extra fans than say Worrall? Possibly.

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

Really isn’t that difficult tho to get more people in, take the 2021 season, Peterborough had really healthy crowds for the vast majority of the season especially towards the end!
Then last year it was poor. Takes an exciting team that put on good performances people will part with there money for that, not the shambles we had last year.

People will always get behind an over-achieving underdog. The problem is with an under-achieving "overdog". Always better to try to be the former in my view but also runs the risk of falling a over t. 

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yeah i had forgot that lol:oops:. But if you have to pay a 6 pointer £200 a point in his place that's £1200..So you could argue he's an extra £2300 per meeting. 209 fans @ £22 covers the extra home and away (£4600)..:t:

People will come to watch the likes of Nicki P...etc ....brings the fans in ...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

Home fans want to see a winning  team ...ok we all want to see a close match ..but a home team victory ...people will come to watch big names ....and Nicki will always put your gate up ...or someone like that ....

28 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

Have to admit there was a few occasions last summer I didn’t bother, watching a team made up of 4 regulars, two guests and R/R…I’ll save my money thanks 

Sums are a little less simplistic when saying how many extra fans are required to pay for him. You need an average sum for the equivalent rider that would be in the team on a similar average. 

I can't see many rider's on a per point rate on a similar average accept less than £200.

On a rough 7.00 average the ordinary Joe would earn £1,800+ inc bonus points per meeting. 

Nicki P wouldn't take bonus point money on fixed rate so would be £500pp. 

9/10 sponsorship will cover the difference rather than people through the gate. 

3 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Have to admit there was a few occasions last summer I didn’t bother, watching a team made up of 4 regulars, two guests and R/R…I’ll save my money thanks 

A good  number  1 and a winning  team ud be there every week ...