British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

2 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

Thanks for the info Mick.

Is there a best response to these? (ie the proposals do not meet the provisions of the local plan as they propose the demolition of an existing sporting facility, which is fit for purpose and viable, with no provision of a replacement facility either on or off site). 

I've scanned all the supporting documents but most go over my head. 

Haven't looked myself yet but that's a good point. If people are going to object then it has to be consistent, targetted and factual. Any emotive guff is very nice and would be noted but otherwise ignored.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, maneacat said:

Well on last nights performance would rather have Patryk.

That wasn't Laguta though (or not the real one that we know of). That was an ill prepared disgrace to the sport. If that's the limit of his attitude and professionalism then he should retire now. Class riders, with a few exceptions unfortunately, are on it all of the time and have personal pride. Last night's sham of a no1 had none of those qualities.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

Is there a best response to these? (ie the proposals do not meet the provisions of the local plan as they propose the demolition of an existing sporting facility, which is fit for purpose and viable, with no provision of a replacement facility either on or off site). 

This. I would like to make well informed and accurate comments but not really sure what to say.

17 hours ago, chrismorton said:

Give me Bomber over these big time Charlie's every day of the week...

To be fair. You was all moaning when Lynn got Laguta, and you didn't have a No.1. Now you have him, after 1 meaning your moaning again:blink:

If he was on the track spare, that should explain why he was dreadful. Your track should suit him imo. He averaged 9.08 at the AFA, but only 5.09 from his 3 away meetings at Ippo, BV and Leicester, which included pulling up once in each meeting..

Being as you only have home meetings left he should do a job, if he ditches that Briggs and Stratton. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

43 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

To be fair. You was all moaning when Lynn got Laguta, and you didn't have a No.1. Now you have him, after 1 meaning your moaning again:blink:

If he was on the track spare, that should explain why he was dreadful. Your track should suit him imo. He averaged 9.08 at the AFA, but only 5.09 from his 3 away meetings at Ippo, BV and Leicester, which included pulling up once in each meeting..

Being as you only have home meetings left he should do a job, if he ditches that Briggs and Stratton. 

Had every indication to me they where his bikes last night and not a spare.

1 hour ago, Shhalewhhale said:

This. I would like to make well informed and accurate comments but not really sure what to say.

Unfortunately the future of Peterborough Speedway is tied up in a planning application when they ideally they would be two completely separate things. As I say, without looking at the documents yet (and I may think something different when I look, although unlikely) LP30 is all that we have to work with and that's where the focus probably needs to be, unless Mick knows different. It's hard to know what to say specifically without seeing AEPG's reasoning but I wouldn't given them any ammunition, so a general comment about LP30 and the loss to the city of Peterborough of an existing culture, leisure,  tourism and community facility would at least register an objection at this early stage.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

That is exactly what is required. We need as many people to submit objections, there’s been about a dozen so far. Anyone can object. Speedway fans around the world can object.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shhalewhhale said:

There is no acknowledgement of the policy LP30 in the Peterborough Local Plan. The policy is detailed somewhere in this thread, if not Crump99 would you mind putting it on here, as I’m in the middle of moving house!

2 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

You might be right. I was just going by an earlier post. What i've seen of him he doesn't have the get up n go of an Emil or a JD by a long way... Lets hope he turns up for you next 3 home meetings, so you can go out on a winning streak.

57 minutes ago, Mick Bratley said:

There is no acknowledgement of the policy LP30 in the Peterborough Local Plan. The policy is detailed somewhere in this thread, if not Crump99 would you mind putting it on here, as I’m in the middle of moving house!

Policy LP36: East of England Showground specifically points to the fact that the loss of any existing leisure and sports facilities will not be supported unless replacement facilities are provided in accordance with policy LP30

Seems pretty clear to me that that was specifically included for Peterborough Speedway!

Policy LP30: Culture, Leisure, Tourism and Community Facilities
The council will support the development of new cultural, leisure, tourism and community facilities,
especially if:
it will help to improve the range, quality, and distinctiveness of facilities that the city and
surrounding areas have to offer;
it improves access by sustainable transport modes to such facilities; and
it will help to promote the image of Peterborough and attract more visitors.

The above is not what many focus on or take note of (and it's just for information) but it is part of the stick that they will use to beat us with in conjunction with our weapon and their main failing of not meeting the criteria below, and, allegedly, using weak reasoning to justify ignoring LP 30:

Existing Culture, Leisure, Tourism and Community Facilities - the important bit

The loss, via redevelopment, of an existing culture, leisure, tourism or community facility will only
be permitted if it is demonstrated that:

k. The facility is demonstrably no longer fit for purpose and the site is not viable to be
redeveloped for a new community facility; or
l. The service provided by the facility is met by alternative provision that exists within
reasonable proximity: what is deemed as reasonable proximity will depend on the nature
of the facility and its associated catchment area; or
m. The proposal includes the provision of a new facility of a similar nature and of a similar or
greater size in a suitable on or off-site location.

But as I say, don't get in to specific detail at this point (unless you are good and know what you're doing), just a general objection of that not being met should mean that they have to wake up and think about it at the very least.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

Bert and Ernie on radio Cambridgeshire last night were waxing lyrical about how “professional and pristine” Laguta’s equipment looked before the start..

10 minutes ago, Aries said:

Bert and Ernie on radio Cambridgeshire last night were waxing lyrical about how “professional and pristine” Laguta’s equipment looked before the start..

The bike was fine, it was the engine that was the problem.

On 3/1/2023 at 9:06 AM, JoeW436 said:

Doyle won’t have it his own way this season, Bewley will end up with a higher average and probably the only one to take it to batrosz this year in the bigger picture 

On 3/1/2023 at 11:25 AM, Aries said:

50 notes to the Ben Fund says he doesn’t?

On 3/1/2023 at 11:45 AM, JoeW436 said:

Deal

On 3/1/2023 at 11:52 AM, Aries said:

Can safely donate via PayPal so proof of payment can be uploaded on here at the end of the season. Either way Ben Fund gets an extra 50 quid donation so all good. 

Would you like to do this now Joe? Or wait until the season has officially ended?

10 hours ago, Mick Bratley said:

SHOWGROUND DEVELOPMENT. At last, the council has published AEPG's planning applications (there are two) to develop the showground. You can read and comment on the plans on the council's planning portal at https://www.peterborough.gov.uk/council/planning-and-development/planning-and-building/search-applications references 23/00400/OUT and 23/00412/OUT  Note these are 'outline' applications so do not contain all the detail. That will follow in future applications. The council's outline application consultation is now open for 30 days.

Would it be worth making a new thread with this pinned to get more eyes on it? I would but have no idea who to……

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aries said:

100% his bikes but the engines who knows, I’ll give him the benefit of doubt and see how he goes Thursday but taking into account his spell at Lynn too it doesn’t look promising and sadly seems he’s here for a wage unlike Emil who always gives 100.

I have not forgotten our bet we made at the start of the year Aries by the way.