British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

10 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Do you honestly believe the PL will run with only 5 teams? 

It would be financial suicide and I doubt any TV company would consider taking on a contract to televise a series of repeats. 

For speedway to survive in the UK the PL and CL have to amalgamate and if that means the loss of GP and other top riders it's a price worth paying imo. 

The fact there would be a shortage of riders given there could be no doubling up could be seen as a positive given it would give younger lads more opporchancities. 

We may initially  have to go backwards to make progress. 

Course it would be financial suicide, but this is the British Speedway governing body we’re talking about, they seem totally oblivious to most things that are going on. I can imagine the conversations come March in that building “oh look, we’ve only got 5 teams registered for the premiership this year, why is that?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only person that has given up whilst encouraging others to give up is Buster which pretty much sums him up as a person tbh.

Mick Bratley, Carl Johnson, Michael Tomalin, Ged Rathbone have all fought / currently fighting for the club in their own different ways. 

Keep the objections coming because no planning permission has been granted therefore the club still has a pulse, It's on life support but it's not been pronounced dead therefore we still have something to fight for even though we're facing the most uphill battle yet in regards to the clubs survival.

image.png.218e60ecba1b02e86579cec51a97b06b.png

Despite the 18 point win last night, I've never left a meeting feeling so deflated we have the current owner telling us to do nothing, we have no future. We had the current 'major sponsor' wandering round like he owns the place, but no one has ever heard anything from him since the start of the season after building his 'title challenging team'. That went well. He was going to be a promoter and the owner but none of that has come to bare. We have ex owners 'saying' they want to buy the club, but never want to say it publicly. I will keeping supporting any petitions that come out but is it really worth it?

We aren't the first club to be moved out of our home and to never return and we certainly wont be the last. Roll on the last 2 meetings around the best track in the country, but I've never felt so low about the club.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Despite the 18 point win last night, I've never left a meeting feeling so deflated we have the current owner telling us to do nothing, we have no future. We had the current 'major sponsor' wandering round like he owns the place, but no one has ever heard anything from him since the start of the season after building his 'title challenging team'. That went well. He was going to be a promoter and the owner but none of that has come to bare. We have ex owners 'saying' they want to buy the club, but never want to say it publicly. I will keeping supporting any petitions that come out but is it really worth it?

We aren't the first club to be moved out of our home and to never return and we certainly wont be the last. Roll on the last 2 meetings around the best track in the country, but I've never felt so low about the club.

+1 on this. We’ve had some hammerings at home the last 18 months but I’ve never left a meeting so angry after hearing that interview. The dismissive attitude to those trying to do their up most to keep the club going or at the very least make it difficult for AEPG was disgraceful.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Probably an element of this too, his team have been crap for years but a majority of this Peterborough side and one or two Lynn riders you have a half decent side. They might even scrape into the play offs since there is currently only 5 sides in the league next year.

You'd have to race each team home & away at least three times, even then that's only 12 home league meetings.

Convinced after last night that Buster wants us to close so he can recoup his huge financial losses with the brown envelope hush money because you don't rollover like that and encourage others to do the same if you're someone who wants to the club to survive.

Look at CVS' annoucement at Wolves last week on Eurosport and then compare that with Buster's shambolic display last night, Can easily tell the difference between someone who cares and someone who doesn't.

I wouldn't be surprised if Buster didn't want to accept Ged's offer because the hush money would leave him financially better off than selling the Panthers to Ged at a lower price imo, A move like that would sum the guy up really wouldn't it?

Buster is probably cooking up a manipulative plan as we speak to sign lots of Panthers riders for KL next season in an attempt to reel Panthers fans in that see's them flock to the AFA on a regular basis to line his pockets (I won't be)

Edited by TTT
  • Like 3

Hopefully there is enough good will, love and support around Peterborough Panthers Speedway to get something sorted eventually. I mean we have Mick Bratley, GED Rathbone, Michael Tomalin, Carl Johnson, Crendon, a brilliant Supporters Club, and a large fantastic fan base who would love to help in anyway they can.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Pitch said:

Hopefully there is enough good will, love and support around Peterborough Panthers Speedway to get something sorted eventually. I mean we have Mick Bratley, GED Rathbone, Michael Tomalin, Carl Johnson, Crendon, a brilliant Supporters Club, and a large fantastic fan base who would love to help in anyway they can.

As a neutral I think it really is time the BSPA/SCB stepped in and took action for the good of the sport especially when there is so many different folk interested in keeping Peterborough alive. 

I all honesty Chapman's involvement in speedway over the years has only benefitted him and certainly not the sport as a whole. 

Anyone who can fake a heart attack and waste NHS resources  to give a rider extra time to get to a meeting is the lowest of the low and the SCB should consider doing a due diligence assessment to see if he fit to be a Speedway Promoter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Panther1997 said:

Still think that the truth of the breakdown in MT buying the club will be known at some point ,

Also in hope,   the recent social media posts give you the impression there just maybe further fun and games to come .

We keep fighting. There is stuff going on in the background I promise you that, it’s not over yet in my eyes 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Hackney said:

I for one will be booing if he gets on the mike again.

There will be plenty others to join you - listening to the fans reaction last night!  

I’ve not been on here in a while purely because it’s mostly the same things being repeated and us fans are pretty much mostly in the dark. 

however I feel there are several things that don’t add up to me, busters announcement last night was poor, his attitude of all hope is lost wasn’t the right way to go when you’ve loads of people tirelessly trying to fight for the clubs survival. 

my second point that I don’t understand is when you’ve people that were interested in buying the club why when there’s not much to sell would you not just sell up and get out, when one of the only things buster has reminded us of time and time again is that he wanted nothing to do with Peterborough this year, now is this because the pay off from AEPG is bigger than the sum you could get for the club??? 

I spoke with dale allit at great length several weeks ago and he was very open with what’s going on so in that respect fair play to him, but what we are told and what buster says are more often than not polar opposites. Constantly praises the supporters and the track for being the best in the country but has the attitude of all hope is lost, well as many have said before if there is a lot of objections then it will create issues for PCC so surely that’s the first step you’d be taking rather than dismissing everything. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Still think that the truth of the breakdown in MT buying the club will be known at some point ,

Also in hope,   the recent social media posts give you the impression there just maybe further fun and games to come .

I asked this question a number of weeks ago and was told that MT put an offer in and then withdrew said offer a number of hours later due to stuff that was going on within his own business at the time, but whether that’s true or not I don’t know for sure 

17 minutes ago, Purplepanthernotred said:

I’ve not been on here in a while purely because it’s mostly the same things being repeated and us fans are pretty much mostly in the dark. 

however I feel there are several things that don’t add up to me, busters announcement last night was poor, his attitude of all hope is lost wasn’t the right way to go when you’ve loads of people tirelessly trying to fight for the clubs survival. 

my second point that I don’t understand is when you’ve people that were interested in buying the club why when there’s not much to sell would you not just sell up and get out, when one of the only things buster has reminded us of time and time again is that he wanted nothing to do with Peterborough this year, now is this because the pay off from AEPG is bigger than the sum you could get for the club??? 

I spoke with dale allit at great length several weeks ago and he was very open with what’s going on so in that respect fair play to him, but what we are told and what buster says are more often than not polar opposites. Constantly praises the supporters and the track for being the best in the country but has the attitude of all hope is lost, well as many have said before if there is a lot of objections then it will create issues for PCC so surely that’s the first step you’d be taking rather than dismissing everything. 

Could it be Chapman has actually sold the team to AEPG on the quiet making it a legal transaction rather than a brown envelope job? 

As an outsider the whole affair seems very messy

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Panther1997 said:

I've never left a meeting feeling so deflated

Agreed. I think that I'm done with it for 2023, hopefully not for good because there is still a fight there and PCC are looking pretty crap, who's surprised, and if people keep the pressure on, don't lose interest and become apathetic as the season ends then who knows where it will lead because there are plenty of questions to be answered concerning AEPG, The East of England Agricultural Society and Peterborough City Council (namely the planning committee and its members).

That was a gut shot from Chapman, delivered in the most unbelievably incompetent uncaring fashion, and I'm not sure that I want to turn up again to any operation that he heads.

• Like 2