British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

4 hours ago, Noodles said:

Lazy journalism. Interpreted the comments different to what many others have done. I’ve now submitted two emails to the paper listing the other side of the argument with my phone number and open to a call. No one has called me and no reporting. Nothing. No one reads the damn paper anyway these days.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mick Bratley said:

Lazy journalism. Interpreted the comments different to what many others have done. I’ve now submitted two emails to the paper listing the other side of the argument with my phone number and open to a call. No one has called me and no reporting. Nothing. No one reads the damn paper anyway these days.

Maybe a phone call to the reporter Paul Grinnell would be a better way?

Came across an uploaded tribute to Craig Featherby by his brother Neil on you tube yesterday that included footage of Craig riding for Kings Lynn and Milton Keynes

It was 40 years ago on the 16th September 1983 that Craig sadly lost his life from injuries received in a track crash at the showground 

Whilst i was shocked it was now 40 years ago i still have memories of that fateful night ,

The very wet track and atrocious conditions that the riders rode in that night with many saying at the time the meeting should never have been run at all.

As a consequence of the fateful crash the control board made it compulsory for track lighting to be moved back from the fence to a minimum of 3 metres

The lighting in those days was like a standard street light and if one bulb blew it left a dark spot on the track  thankfully theres no issue with todays bright lights.

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

The ability to submit comments/objections to the development plans for the Showground and the end of Peterborough Speedway remain open for the foreseeable future.

Provided by Cllr Julie Stevenson to clarify the position regarding deadlines:

Clarification received from the council today: "The ability to make comments online will not 'close' after the deadline. Local residents still will be able to submit online comments right up to the point that the application is determined. We have to provide a deadline in order to meet statutory regulations and to help manage the application process. There are a number of different dates because for a major application we publicise the application in different ways ie letter, site notice and press notice which go out at different times. All the comments made by other residents and consultees will be viewable up to the determination date too."

We are now over 1300 comments/objections, (including one from SCB and BSPL) that’s an amazing achievement and it’s being noticed, your voices are being heard in important places, the number of comments/objections is unprecedented for planning applications in Peterborough. Let’s keep going. Let’s turn the screw. Let’s keep doing this. Let people hear your voice. Anyone from anywhere can submit a comment.

Here’s two links that will take you straight to the two planning applications that have been submitted for developing the Peterborough Showground and to make comments and/or objections. You can comment on both applications.

https://planpa.peterborough.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=RSOMJ0MLIWV00

https://planpa.peterborough.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=RSXWVDML04U00

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Sully said:

“And no one from the club has approached the council in any formal way”

make of that what you will…….

That’s not true, maybe his colleagues don’t speak to him.

1 minute ago, Mick Bratley said:

That’s not true, maybe his colleagues don’t speak to him.

Doesn’t inspire much confidence in the council then….

1 hour ago, Sully said:

“And no one from the club has approached the council in any formal way”

make of that what you will…….

I have it on good authority that we've got a team working behind the scenes that's fighting for our club's future.

They've certainly contacted the council.

27 minutes ago, TTT said:

I have it on good authority that we've got a team working behind the scenes that's fighting for our club's future.

They've certainly contacted the council.

Would be nice to know if this really is the case, the people involved and what the plan actually is…..

1 minute ago, Sully said:

Would be nice to know if this really is the case, the people involved and what the plan actually is…..

It is 

On a more positive note, who do fans want to see at the farewell meeting? 

I really hope we see Hans Andersen, Ryan Sullivan, Krystof Buczkowski, Norbert Kosciuch, Niels Kristian Iversen and Kenneth Bjerre.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

On a more positive note, who do fans want to see at the farewell meeting? 

I really hope we see Hans Andersen, Ryan Sullivan, Krystof Buczkowski, Norbert Kosciuch, Niels Kristian Iversen and Kenneth Bjerre.

Richard Hall.