British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Looking at the August averages, Schlein drops to 5th so only Douglas & the reserves can then take r/r outings. Big blow for Wolves, although as long as he's back fit for the play-offs, that's all that matters.

He will be back before the play offs ....

2 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

He will be back before the play offs ....

If not we can always bring in a ringer for them, the precedent was set last year!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

If not we can always bring in a ringer for them, the precedent was set last year!

Easy win tonight....Ryan goes well there .....

Leicester have released Chris Harris to Peterborough.  So, sadly no Bomber at The Green tomorrow night. How will Wolves fans cope? At least his name will be in the proggy! 

• Haha 2

So now we all know the real reason behind the decision there will be no more speedway at Monmore Green after this season.The Council have announced plans to demolish the next door wholesale market and build a new far larger facility that will include a new mixed use complex to incorporate vehicle fleet services,new market,meals on wheels operartion,salt storage with new electric vehicles,street sign opereration and office space to control all these facilities......      So this was the devious plan all along between Entain and Wolverhampton City Council to end a near 100 year reign to bring an end to Wolves speedway at their present home. Bare faced lies from Entain about needing a new track for Premier greyhound racing,and the council for saying they'll do all they can for Entain to change their mind and let speedway continue at the Green.Both organisations lying scumbags. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

So now we all know the real reason behind the decision there will be no more speedway at Monmore Green after this season.The Council have announced plans to demolish the next door wholesale market and build a new far larger facility that will include a new mixed use complex to incorporate vehicle fleet services,new market,meals on wheels operartion,salt storage with new electric vehicles,street sign opereration and office space to control all these facilities......      So this was the devious plan all along between Entain and Wolverhampton City Council to end a near 100 year reign to bring an end to Wolves speedway at their present home. Bare faced lies from Entain about needing a new track for Premier greyhound racing,and the council for saying they'll do all they can for Entain to change their mind and let speedway continue at the Green.Both organisations lying scumbags. 

https://mycommunity.org.uk/what-are-assets-of-community-value-acv

Wonder if this is an avenue worth exploring?

1 hour ago, Colinspeedway said:

https://mycommunity.org.uk/what-are-assets-of-community-value-acv

Wonder if this is an avenue worth exploring?

Good idea but not sure it would even get looked at by our council.Whatever is put forward will be vetoed  by this rabble. 

6 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Trying to get my head round this. The only conniving I can see is if Entain have agreed to sell Monmore Green to the Council, who then demolish it to build their larger facilty.

Otherwise if there is no change to Monmore Green stadium then it's as you were ?

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

Trying to get my head round this. The only conniving I can see is if Entain have agreed to sell Monmore Green to the Council, who then demolish it to build their larger facilty.

Otherwise if there is no change to Monmore Green stadium then it's as you were ?

Entain and Arena have already said they are going into a joint operation at Dunstall Park so horse and greyhound racing will be at the one facility,and with Wolverhampton council closing their depot at Culwell St there is nowhere near enough space to accommodate with what they're planning in today's Express & Star at the present fruit & veg wholesale market. The fleet of vehicles  alone which they are stating will be based there requires an enormous amount of land so really the only other viable space in Hickman Ave is Monmore Green which is right next door.

Edited by Tommy Sweetman
  • Like 1

Last night's programme 

"It's hard and emotional to accept the harsh reality of no speedway in 2024 but here we are in late August and that prospect looms ominously"

2 October dates added to the fixture list 

• Sad 1

From Wolves Web site:-

Mon 16 Oct: Olympique Individual

Mon 23 Oct: Farewell to Monmore: "We'll Meet Again Trophy"

~ can we expect Vera Lynn to be the last record played @ Monmore?

I would rather have "I Remember You" by Frank Ifield.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Lefty said:

From Wolves Web site:-

Mon 16 Oct: Olympique Individual

Mon 23 Oct: Farewell to Monmore: "We'll Meet Again Trophy"

~ can we expect Vera Lynn to be the last record played @ Monmore?

I would rather have "I Remember You" by Frank Ifield.

Maybe Charles and Eddie song “would I lie to you “  would be more  appropriate? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/10/2023 at 2:26 PM, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Maybe Charles and Eddie song “would I lie to you “  would be more  appropriate? 

I'd prefer " The Truth is out There" a song by Goucho realised 2021.

4 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

I'd prefer " The Truth is out There" a song by Goucho realised 2021.

How about' Thanks For The Memories'.