British Speedway Forum

On 11/17/2022 at 8:02 PM, noaksey said:

Very difficult, Belle Vue and Sheff had good heat leaders and look like doing so again, 

Tigers yes, Aces no. Wright will likely be Aces 3rd averaging rider. 

On 11/18/2022 at 12:12 AM, szkocjasid said:

Flint's Champ ave may leave him ineligible to be a RS. Be good if they posted a new RS list.

It would, but if Wolves retain Flint & he is not an RS it is likely his average would get 25% reduction.

19 hours ago, Col said:

It would, but if Wolves retain Flint & he is not an RS it is likely his average would get 25% reduction.

We won’t have Leon plus a rising star, we made that mistake this year, hopefully lessons have been learnt.

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

We won’t have Leon plus a rising star, we made that mistake this year, hopefully lessons have been learnt.

Adams has made mistakes before,and didn't learn from them .

1 minute ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Adams has made mistakes before,and didn't learn from them .

They’ve gone on record as saying they know they got it wrong last year, it looks like we’re on course for pretty much the same 1 - 5 with maybe one change so read into that what you like. No 6 is where the strengthening will be without doubt.

9 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

They’ve gone on record as saying they know they got it wrong last year, it looks like we’re on course for pretty much the same 1 - 5 with maybe one change so read into that what you like. No 6 is where the strengthening will be without doubt.

Numerous occasions he's shown untold loyalty to certain riders,and I think beyond doubt he wants to keep Leon whatever.

18 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Numerous occasions he's shown untold loyalty to certain riders,and I think beyond doubt he wants to keep Leon whatever.

I guarantee we won’t have a team with a rising star plus Leon. It doesn’t work and I’m 100% sure they realise that. I agree they like to be loyal to their riders but sometimes circumstance dictate it’s not possible. The big question is do we stick with Drew if Leon’s not on the list or look elsewhere.

Edited by Call me wolfie

6 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I guarantee we won’t have a team with a rising star plus Leon. It doesn’t work and I’m 100% sure they realise that. I agree they like to be loyal to their riders but sometimes circumstance dictate it’s not possible. The big question is do we stick with Drew if Leon’s not on the list or look elsewhere.

That will depend on Ipswich. Hume isn’t on the rising Star list, so I’d think Kemp will come back in to contention at Foxhall. 

16 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

That will depend on Ipswich. Hume isn’t on the rising Star list, so I’d think Kemp will come back in to contention at Foxhall. 

Kemp can’t ride foxhall very well and I don’t think the promotion will seek to use him. 

2 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Kemp can’t ride foxhall very well and I don’t think the promotion will seek to use him. 

He's not fantastic at Monmore either but the promotion seem to like him from what I've heard

22 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

It will be his decision ultimately 

39 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Rides it as well as anywhere else. Louis also said he didn’t want him gone more than a year, two years max. May have changed his mind of course. 

34 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

It will be his decision ultimately 

That’s another myth. He’ll go where he’s told. Riders don’t have the power people think they have. Harris had no desire to move to Foxhall after he’d agreed a deal with Peterborough a few seasons ago, but he had no choice. If Louis wants Kemp back at Ipswich as the rising star then he’ll be at Ipswich. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Rides it as well as anywhere else. Louis also said he didn’t want him gone more than a year, two years max. May have changed his mind of course. 

That’s another myth. He’ll go where he’s told. Riders don’t have the power people think they have. Harris had no desire to move to Foxhall after he’d agreed a deal with Peterborough a few seasons ago, but he had no choice. If Louis wants Kemp back at Ipswich as the rising star then he’ll be at Ipswich. 

Don’t think it’s that cut and dried, why choose a rider who wants to be elsewhere? why do the likes of Freddy and Tai not ride for us if they do what they’re told? They’re our assets after all.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Not really sure why CVS/Grizzly thought 1 heat leader, 4 just above average second strings & two inexperienced reserves would ever work.

Flint has more experience now, might be Ok as better of two reserves.  That isn't the issue, it is who can challenge Masters for Wolves #1 and score points in heat 13 & 15.

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

2 hours ago, noaksey said:

He's not fantastic at Monmore either but the promotion seem to like him from what I've heard

It is assumed that Brennan, Flint & Mountain are not on the RS list for 2023 season.  If Hume isn't either but Kemp is then Kemp is the only rider on that list to show a smidge of points scoring ability at the NSS. Belle Vue should snap him.up!