British Speedway Forum

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Individuals, I have no idea what Leon's is in the Prem. I think it is high 6/low 7 in the Champ. I am guessing it is 3 something?  

He's  a RS...best in the league  by far ...

Just now, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

He's  a RS...best in the league  by far ...

Most of the R S are 3.00...Leon is 3.92 but still falls into the RS category...only just ...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

The age thing is to do with potential really, the younger a rider is the more improvement they generally have in them. You are quite right, their Wolves averages in 2023 will be a great barometer but as things stand the only direct comparison is Championship figures and Flint is comfortably ahead. 

How was Doyle doing at 23? 

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Worked out well for CVS ....

He wasn’t originally on the R/S list I believe, CVS had to plead his case I think, otherwise he would have had no team this year which would have been ridiculous.

On 12/30/2022 at 5:02 PM, Wolfie456 said:

CVS said at talk in it would be announced in the new year.

So is that a yes they are backing Wolves or they looking 4 another  main backer..

3 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

He wasn’t originally on the R/S list I believe, CVS had to plead his case I think, otherwise he would have had no team this year which would have been ridiculous.

Yeah ...No team would  have took him on at number  6 ...and a RS at 7....Wolves  had 2 R S last year and it didnt work ...No points down the order ....big mistake ..

3 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

So is that a yes they are backing Wolves or they looking 4 another  main backer..

Not sure why you’re obsessed with this, Dave Parry has been the main sponsor for 21 years, why would next year be any different. It was announced late December for last year so have a little patience

6 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Not sure why you’re obsessed with this, Dave Parry has been the main sponsor for 21 years, why would next year be any different. It was announced late December for last year so have a little patience

Have u heard of the cost of living crises

17 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Have u heard of the cost of living crises

Yes, just saying have a little patience unless you have knowledge of any reason he won’t be?

6 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Yes, just saying have a little patience unless you have knowledge of any reason he won’t be?

Nothing lasts forever .....wait and see eh...

2 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Most of the R S are 3.00...Leon is 3.92 but still falls into the RS category...only just ...

The average cut-offs for RS was 5.5 in Prem & 6.5 in Champ. I assuming they only use Prem aves now as the Champ lasted ONE year of the FIVE year plan, which would mean Flint is clearly still a RS.

If that 5.5 average rule is still in place, then a rider could average up to 5.49 and stay a RS till he was 25/26?

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Leon is better in the Champ I'll give you that but doesn't mean it will work out that way in the Prem. Champ tends to have more smaller tracks and Prem has more bigger ones like Sheffield and Peterborough.

Cook doesn’t have a PL average yet so there is no average comparison other than the one he is starting one in the top flight.

Time will tell who ends up with the better average come end of season.

I hope both of them have a brilliant season which means Wolves will too. 

Flint is by far the better rider in the CL in 2022, his average shows that.

28 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Cook doesn’t have a PL average yet so there is no average comparison other than the one he is starting one in the top flight.

Time will tell who ends up with the better average come end of season.

I hope both of them have a brilliant season which means Wolves will too. 

Flint is by far the better rider in the CL in 2022, his average shows that.

True....just needs to up his game in the prem...im sure he can ...