British Speedway Forum

Pretty sure Cook himself said,, he didn't like all the travelling, it was getting him down,,, still,,, I guess a 12 hour round trip will do that to you. 

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Play off finals? Okay Swindon smashed us,,,,,, but we made finals,, 

can't remember that was probably in the years i wasnt bothering with speedway! In my defence I am not really an Ipswich fan!!:D

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Can’t see Craig cook being back at Ipswich tbh, finished 2021 with us, was on what looked like a decent average headed into 2022 and his stock has only fallen…

having just looked at starting averages given we were 2.1 points under the building limit we could’ve fit cook in last years team in place of any of batch riss or even heeps, so if Louis had seen enough to want him back at the end of 2021 he would’ve done, be amazed after his 2022 season he now wants him, stranger things have happened but would be a shock to me

yes I wuld be inclined to agree - Cook had a decent spell from what I remember in 2021 but that was an odd year and hard gauge given the disruntion of 2020 etc - I saw him ride 3 times last season twice at Sheffield at the no 2 spot - he did fine both times - but at away at Foxhall I expected him to do better given the above and he got 4 I think - if there is going to be changes i'd rather it be an up and coming rider if possible. Both Cook and Anderson dont really fit that for me!

10 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

yes I wuld be inclined to agree - Cook had a decent spell from what I remember in 2021 but that was an odd year and hard gauge given the disruntion of 2020 etc - I saw him ride 3 times last season twice at Sheffield at the no 2 spot - he did fine both times - but at away at Foxhall I expected him to do better given the above and he got 4 I think - if there is going to be changes i'd rather it be an up and coming rider if possible. Both Cook and Anderson dont really fit that for me!

I tend to agree. I still feel there is one rabbit in the hat to be pulled out by Chris Louis . He will know our weakness  last year when the going got tough was a reliable 2nd heat leader. 
holdering out for some good news soon lol

Edited by stu219

1 hour ago, stu219 said:

I tend to agree. I still feel there is one rabbit in the hat to be pulled out by Chris Louis . He will know our weakness  last year when the going got tough was a reliable 2nd heat leader. 
holdering out for some good news soon lol

Do you think we have stole Holder away from the Panthers?  We will have to change our name to Ipswich Poachers 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Do you think we have stole Holder away from the Panthers?  We will have to change our name to Ipswich Poachers 

Nope best option would be Zagar as he's unsigned 

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

Nope best option would be Zagar as he's unsigned 

That's not a good option,,, but maybe he is now yours:rofl:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 2ndbend said:

What about Scot Nicholls on 5.15 to make home advantage count

Not doing Prem.

Think he's been offered a full time job on commentary with Kelvin.

Cant wait for the final 4 names, so we can then all discuss what we think.

I've already said I'm a bit deflated by King's announcement today, dreading Riss and Batchelor being added.

But our Number 5 will be very interesting, unless Louis has plucked a GP rider (Lebvedevs, Dudek Etc), but Adam Ellis remains a possibility as does Zagar. But just get the 7 named so we can discuss something concrete.

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I have no idea tbh but surely we do need a big hitter at number 5 . 
I thought also Chris Holder had a big falling out with Buster at some point ? Problem with getting older my memory not so good lol.

4 minutes ago, stu219 said:

I have no idea tbh but surely we do need a big hitter at number 5 . 
I thought also Chris Holder had a big falling out with Buster at some point ? Problem with getting older my memory not so good lol.

Buster has sold Peterborough on. 

• Like 1

What is left after Batch and Riss are confirmed?

Riss will be back as there was no other reason to make the late change to swap him out with Tungate unless it was just the case that Tungate was an injury replacement and as Riss rode again after injury the rules meant he had to come back in? Im sure the rules probably won't shed any light

Last season Riss was inconsistent he rode well at 6 as he should, but he did have some good meetings at 2 & 4  maybe 6.00 is too high an average but feel its an average that is achievable maybe even putting half a point on

Now Batch...

He achieved an average of 5.57 mainly riding as a heat leader and there were occasions when his relationship riding wifh Doyle worked in the Witches favour especially in the odd heat 15 and the pairs competition 

I think that will stick in Chris Louis' mindset and he will ride at no.2 

1. Doyle

2. Batchelor 

3. King

4. Riss

5. Tungate

6. Rew

7. R/S 

Looks like having Tungate at 5 leaves us closest to 39 points, after that either Worrall brother or Charles Wright, options are limited indeed but just dont think it will be another rider from outside the UK due to the cost of Doyle and the budget Mr Louis will stick to

Edited by Falcon1983

29 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Buster has sold Peterborough on. 

Ah fair enough. I lose track of who  owns who nowadays . How owns Peterborough now?

29 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

What is left after Batch and Riss are confirmed?

Riss will be back as there was no other reason to make the late change to swap him out with Tungate unless it was just the case that Tungate was an injury replacement and as Riss rode again after injury the rules meant he had to come back in? Im sure the rules probably won't shed any light

Last season Riss was inconsistent he rode well at 6 as he should, but he did have some good meetings at 2 & 4  maybe 6.00 is too high an average but feel its an average that is achievable maybe even putting half a point on

Now Batch...

He achieved an average of 5.57 mainly riding as a heat leader and there were occasions when his relationship riding wifh Doyle worked in the Witches favour especially in the odd heat 15 and the pairs competition 

I think that will stick in Chris Louis' mindset and he will ride at no.2 

1. Doyle

2. Batchelor 

3. King

4. Riss

5. Tungate

6. Rew

7. R/S 

Looks like having Tungate at 5 leaves us closest to 39 points, after that either Worrall brother or Charles Wright, options are limited indeed but just dont think it will be another rider from outside the UK due to the cost of Doyle and the budget Mr Louis will stick to

I just can’t see Tungate being in the team  but who knows. Made a decent discussion though on who we will have. I still have a feeling there will be a new second heat leader