British Speedway Forum

Riss was never worth the 6 he started with,,, most of that was made up with a stint at reserve last season,,, clearly he wasn't all that to end up going to reserve. How he can be so good in one league and so poor in another is baffling

might as well sign batch.  better the devil you know

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Riss was never worth the 6 he started with,,, most of that was made up with a stint at reserve last season,,, clearly he wasn't all that to end up going to reserve. How he can be so good in one league and so poor in another is baffling

There are 3 positions performing around 2 points under where it would be hoped for a serious title challenge to be on

11 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

There are 3 positions performing around 2 points under where it would be hoped for a serious title challenge to be on

We need to try something so 2 changes we could make:

Batchelor for Riss

Mountain for Rew

Personally I would stick with Rew... he's only going to get better as he continues to both ride foxhall more and visit the opposition tracks again... 

I wouldn't be adverse to Batch coming in for Riss, you know he has it in him to upset the oppositions heat leaders, so maybe worth a punt.  I'd still consider another change at RS and I know Connor Bailey has been mentioned before, so why not try him?  

1 minute ago, MP78 said:

Personally I would stick with Rew... he's only going to get better as he continues to both ride foxhall more and visit the opposition tracks again... 

I wouldn't be adverse to Batch coming in for Riss, you know he has it in him to upset the oppositions heat leaders, so maybe worth a punt.  I'd still consider another change at RS and I know Connor Bailey has been mentioned before, so why not try him?  

I wouldn't be surprised if Bailey don't sign for Belle Vue to replace the injured Jake Mulford, ive also chucked his name out there for Ipi but for some reason their happy keeping it in the family with the Thompson twins thus far.

7 minutes ago, MP78 said:

Jason Edwards hasn't looked too bad around Foxhall. Paid 8 from his last 2 meetings...

16 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Riss only had 3 matches at reserve, so shouldn't have made a massive difference, depends if those 3 matches were in his last 10 fixtures how much it upped his average.

I still cannot understand suggestions of a replacement for Dan T, I think he's have a good season as RS. Middle of the table of rising stars 2023 aves:

Kemp 4.75 (5.25) - 4 matches only
Gilkes 3.90 (4.50)
Flint 3.69 (4.63)
Jenkins 3.40 (4.30)
D.Thompson 3.20 (3.77)
Edwards 2.67 (3.24) 
Rowe 2.29 (2.29) - 2 matches only
Mulford 1.57 (2.12)
J.Thompson 1.18 (1.65)

• Like 1

Connor Bailey is the new Belle Vue RS so he's no longer available anyway.

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I still cannot understand suggestions of a replacement for Dan T, I think he's have a good season as RS. Middle of the table of rising stars 2023 aves:

Kemp 4.75 (5.25) - 4 matches only
Gilkes 3.90 (4.50)
Flint 3.69 (4.63)
Jenkins 3.40 (4.30)
D.Thompson 3.20 (3.77)
Edwards 2.67 (3.24) 
Rowe 2.29 (2.29) - 2 matches only
Mulford 1.57 (2.12)
J.Thompson 1.18 (1.65)

But why wouldn't you possibly get a rider,, in this case an RS, that could possibly be 2nd on that list instead,,,,, why in speedway do fans not want to be better,,, why is it always,, they are doing okay so that will do,. 

In sport you are meant to try and be the best you can be. 

I dont think Dan is the overall issue, maybe when Kemp & Rowe were available fans could argue there were possibly better out there

I think the issue is one or two riders within the main body, Danyon is doing well at 6, he's hardly ever going to score 10+ consistantly from reserve maybe now and again, only really Sheffield and Belle Vue that has that power at reserve

Rew is very inconsistent on thursday didn't have a good first ride but as the meeting went on was competitve just need to get him going from the start, im sure he will do well

Riss is a worry just based on his illness and not sure if he's 100% fit should/would/could have scored more on thursday if he hadn't crashed out etc.

I think the only change anyone could see would be Batch for Riss, riding at 3 or 4 with King at home and maybe at 2 away from home would make ipswich stronger 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

But why wouldn't you possibly get a rider,, in this case an RS, that could possibly be 2nd on that list instead,,,,, why in speedway do fans not want to be better,,, why is it always,, they are doing okay so that will do,. 

In sport you are meant to try and be the best you can be. 

Ipswich should have signed Kemp or Rowe as soon as Thomas was injured. Then they should have signed Kemp or Rowe when Joe T was struggling. But now they've signed Dan T, with Kemp & Rowe elsewhere - I don't believe there's a better option than Dan.

He wasn't the strongest option when they signed him, but now he is! Stronger options have signed elsewhere - so I wouldn't be looking to replace him.

Riss the saviour is one hell of an issue,,, home average including bonus points is 2.33 and combined average of 3.75,,,including freebie bonus points,,, even more pathetic if you take the bonus points off

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Ipswich should have signed Kemp or Rowe as soon as Thomas was injured. Then they should have signed Kemp or Rowe when Joe T was struggling. But now they've signed Dan T, with Kemp & Rowe elsewhere - I don't believe there's a better option than Dan.

He wasn't the strongest option when they signed him, but now he is! Stronger options have signed elsewhere - so I wouldn't be looking to replace him.

As you say all the better options are now elsewhere.   And I've not said he is the issue,,,