British Speedway Forum

Just now, szkocjasid said:

When you compare their Championship form, Hume is 1.5 points better than Heeps.

He may well be,,, but everyone who watches speedway can clearly see Heeps is a better rider,,, and if they were both on their best form Hume wouldn't even be close enough to taste Heeps dust,,,,,, and I'm not a fan of Heeps,,, but is by far the better rider and has far more potential to beat better riders,,,, Hume literally hangs on for dear life for four laps 

20 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If that's true Ipswich will have an 8 point advantage to defend in the other 13 heats. A weaker reserve pairing wouldn't be such an issue

13 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

But they will also have a reserve standard rider at 2 

Depends how well Rew goes I suppose. Can't be avoided though, to have a powerhouse top 2, going to be weaker elsewhere. Could really have done with using up an extra point to get the advantage of Hume dropping 25% off his average (like Belle Vue have done with Brennan). No advantage of the team starts under 41 points with Hume.

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

He may well be,,, but everyone who watches speedway can clearly see Heeps is a better rider,,, and if they were both on their best form Hume wouldn't even be close enough to taste Heeps dust,,,,,, and I'm not a fan of Heeps,,, but is by far the better rider and has far more potential to beat better riders,,,, Hume literally hangs on for dear life for four laps 

Well not everyone, cause I disagree lol!

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Heats 13 & 15 will be decent?? 

Apart from coming up against Bewley these will pretty much be dead, unless they end up racing each other

Yep decent if it means 5-1 to ipswich every time 

Ah you thought i meant decent racing...

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

When you compare their Championship form, Hume is 1.5 points better than Heeps.

He may well be,,, but everyone who watches speedway can clearly see Heeps is a better rider,,, and if they were both on their best form Hume wouldn't even be close enough to taste Heeps dust,,,,,, and I'm not a fan of Heeps,,, but is by far the better rider and has far more potential to beat better riders,,,, Hume literally hangs on for dear life for four laps.  Whoever they choose will start the season at 2. 

1 hour ago, spin king said:

If Ipswich have managed to get Emil signed then it can not only good for Ipswich but good for the league as well.

I would question how race fit Emil is and I think that you have to remember that he has not raced for over 12 months.

As for his average I would imagine that he will come on on an 8.00 average, which will leave Ipswich with around 4.27 for the final rider.

Who will be that final rider?

My guess is Cameron Heeps whose average is 4.18.

Personally I won't believe Emil will be here till it's announced officially. 

But if he does sign I'd start with Heeps (despite thinking Hume is better) so Rew gets to start at reserve. Once Rew moves into the top 5 then bring Hume in?

Can always change your mind if Heeps keeps scoring well!

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Personally I won't believe Emil will be here till it's announced officially. 

But if he does sign I'd start with Heeps (despite thinking Hume is better) so Rew gets to start at reserve. Once Rew moves into the top 5 then bring Hume in?

Can always change your mind if Heeps keeps scoring well!

Hume would start at 2 anyway as his 25 percent is only used to team building 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

But they will also have a reserve standard rider at 2 

Keynan Rew seems to be getting massively underrated by the people on this forum, I really think he could be a trump card for Ipswich, whether that's at number 2 or number 6, especially when riding with Doyle he definitely isn't a reserve standard rider (with only really Jakobsen being the stand out above the rest)

4 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Keynan Rew seems to be getting massively underrated by the people on this forum, I really think he could be a trump card for Ipswich, whether that's at number 2 or number 6, especially when riding with Doyle he definitely isn't a reserve standard rider (with only really Jakobsen being the stand out above the rest)

But he won't have ridden any of the tracks before,,, and we know good polish form doesn't always translate 

• Like 2

Also, this will probably be an unpopular opinion but...

IF Ipswich do sign Emil (let's face it, many of us would travel to watch him, even across the whole country) would it not make sense to line him up at number 3 and Danny King at 5.

Danny ain't a TERRIBLE number 5 compared to others, so should be capable of winning races in that position, particularly at home, however, lining Emil up at 3 means that Jason and Emil will be split up throughout the meeting (disregarding Heat 15 obviously). This means that there will be 8 races with at least one of Jason or Emil in, so there's 8 chances of heat victories rather than just 7 if both were in heat 13, I'd rather see Danny King coming in second behind Jason in Heat 13 rather than Emil, spreading the heat victories as much as possible seems sensible?

1. Jason Doyle

2. Keynan Rew

3. Emil Sayfutdinov

4. Erik Riss

5. Danny King

6. Danyon Hume/Cameron Heeps

7. Jack Thomas

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

But he won't have ridden any of the tracks before,,, and we know good polish form doesn't always translate 

Admittedly, I agree with you however, I've seen him ride a few times, in Denmark (small tracks), Sweden (dodgy tracks) and Poland (snooker tables) and he looks one hell of a talent every time I've seen him, I'm quite excited to have him in British speedway tbh. Obviously he might not master the likes of Monmore or Beaumont right away, but he will have the likes of Jason Doyle and Danny King in the pits to guide him on set ups etc, and talent + set ups must equal something... All he needs is 4 points a meeting, so he only really has to beat other reserves and possibly other number 2s anyway to start with. Just my opinion of course, he may ultimately struggle, who knows.

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

It would be class to see Emil line up alongside Doyle, heats 13 and 15 will decent, still would leave me worried at Reserve though 

That’s one of the trade offs when you go for an 8 point rider when you’ve already got one on 10 and a half. But it’s a trade off I’m pretty sure 99% of us would be happy to take considering who the rider is. You also have to factor in the potential scoring increase of Danny King which could negate the weaker number 6 somewhat. Dropping from second heat leader to third and in to the second string role could see improvement there. 

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

As much as I am not a Heeps fan,, I would have him everyday over Hume. I don't see Hume doing any better than he did last season,, and we all know Heeps can do much better 

Totally agree. 

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

IF Ipswich do sign Emil (let's face it, many of us would travel to watch him, even across the whole country) would it not make sense to line him up at number 3 and Danny King at 5.

Danny ain't a TERRIBLE number 5 compared to others, so should be capable of winning races in that position, particularly at home, however, lining Emil up at 3 means that Jason and Emil will be split up throughout the meeting (disregarding Heat 15 obviously). This means that there will be 8 races with at least one of Jason or Emil in, so there's 8 chances of heat victories rather than just 7 if both were in heat 13, I'd rather see Danny King coming in second behind Jason in Heat 13 rather than Emil, spreading the heat victories as much as possible seems sensible?

1. Jason Doyle

2. Keynan Rew

3. Emil Sayfutdinov

4. Erik Riss

5. Danny King

7. Jack Thomas

Fair point. Hawkins likes to change the riding order around on a meeting by meeting basis so I’m sure that would be tried at some point. 

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Jason Doyle

2. Keynan Rew

3. Emil Sayfutdinov

4. Erik Riss

5. Danny King

7. Jack Thomas

Personally I'd definitely have the top 2 at 1+5. King should beat the opposition reserve in heat 12, so you're looking at Ipswich gaining a possible 2 point advantage using Emil in that heat, compared to a possible 4 point advantage in heat 13 (where I'd expect King to be 4th).