Sheffield Kings Lynn Postponed 29 September

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Ain't karma a bitch!! 

It certainly is, 38-52.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, yorkshiretyke said:

F**cking muppet, hope you enjoyed your evening

Not at all bothered in the scheme of things. The whole league set up is a pathetic sham 

I wish I felt differently and the sport was thriving

After literally a lifetime of living and breathing speedway it is now just habit that keeps me following in the hope a miracle turn around might happen

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It certainly is, 38-52.

That's not karma - its affirmation!

Karma for me would've been a big Witches win and a league title that I missed out on having attended just once in the last season and a half :)

23 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

That's not karma - its affirmation!

Karma for me would've been a big Witches win and a league title that I missed out on having attended just once in the last season and a half :)

Don’t tell me you wouldn’t go if they got to the final, if not then then why are you still on here?

23 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Don’t tell me you wouldn’t go if they got to the final, if not then then why are you still on here?

It's complicated! I'm still here because nothing we please me more than to rediscover my enthusiasm 

I care passionately about speedway. I have lived and breathed it for 50 years. In its rawest form it is still the most exciting,exhilarating sport ever

The current set up however has driven me away , it is tepid and soulless at best - fake and corrupt at worst

The sport has lost its identity and lacks any coherent direction

Perhaps being a little closer than many and having enhanced insight to certain situations over the years has helped sour my view (unfortunately)

I would love to be able to just turn up and enjoy the racing

• Like 4

23 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It's complicated! I'm still here because nothing we please me more than to rediscover my enthusiasm 

I care passionately about speedway. I have lived and breathed it for 50 years. In its rawest form it is still the most exciting,exhilarating sport ever

The current set up however has driven me away , it is tepid and soulless at best - fake and corrupt at worst

The sport has lost its identity and lacks any coherent direction

Perhaps being a little closer than many and having enhanced insight to certain situations over the years has helped sour my view (unfortunately)

I would love to be able to just turn up and enjoy the racing

I know what you mean - I first went in the 87 season to Arena and for me my best days were 87-92 - then i just turned up - once I understood the sport more the rules and got involved more the enthusiasm waned.

I’ve only been a peripheral visitor for many years some seasons I didn’t go at all - maybe once or so when visiting my parents -  but this year my Father died in early March just as the season was about to start - it was something he and I did together in that 5 year period before I became an adult so to speak  - something drew me back to speedway and I have enjoyed 2 visits to Sheffield and 5-6 at Foxhall which is the nearest track when I go to visit my mother. It’s the most I have been to speedway for many years.

this season I have just turned up watched the races filled in my programme and ignored all the chatter - I’ve enjoyed it!!! 

And I agree 100% a great speedway race is the greatest l thing ever!! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1