British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw GP Saturday May 13th 2023

6 minutes ago, eric i said:

In the past they have had an International friendly on the Sunday after the GP but I can't see any Internationals on the calendar have they yet to be scheduled?

With the SEC Challenge final in Hungary on the 14th i can’t see much happening in Poland on that day.

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

With the SEC Challenge final in Hungary on the 14th i can’t see much happening in Poland on that day.

Maybe not although there will be a lot of riders not involved in that meeting they could easy do a Poland v ROW/GB/Denmark

56 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

From Stewmac

While alarm bells are not ringing just yet, there appears to be some concern about the fact that only 28,000 tickets have been sold so far for the Warsaw GP in May.

I think it might be because of the roof. People can go in the stadium but I don't think crowds are allowed in. According to polish press a decision will be made next week as to whether a football match can take place in March.

On 1/13/2023 at 7:24 PM, eric i said:

I think it might be because of the roof. People can go in the stadium but I don't think crowds are allowed in. According to polish press a decision will be made next week as to whether a football match can take place in March.

Its open again isnt it?

According to Polish press the Poland Albania football match (March 27th) will not take place in the stadium because they still can't say if the stadium is safe to hold a crowd. There must be some doubts about the speedway taking place 47 days latter.

7 hours ago, eric i said:

According to Polish press the Poland Albania football match (March 27th) will not take place in the stadium because they still can't say if the stadium is safe to hold a crowd. There must be some doubts about the speedway taking place 47 days latter.

Do you have a link to that?

On 2/20/2023 at 2:15 PM, r77toy said:

Any updates on this? 

The official twitter account for FIM Speedway GP advised the work will be completed before the event so everything is ok. 

• Like 1