British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue v Ipswich Play off semi 2nd leg 3 Oct

Couldn't Ipswich bring in BZ to replace Starke tonight as I'm sure his average when he rode for Birmingham isn't that high, then he could have 7 rides;)

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

So what is Lambert's average ?

about 7.6 ish his last british average !!

1 hour ago, 1984Star said:

How is it wrong? Belle Vue have a rider out and have replace with another rider that has a lower average really is as simple as that. Speedway is such a simple concept made complicated by to many rules

Didn't think the rules allowed it but maybe wrong.

22 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Growing up he was often heard to say..

"Ich liebe das Belle Vue Aces"....:D

.... and "Ich bin ein Gortoner" ..... :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

And all promotions would've sat at the AGM and agreed that this is what was meant by by the regulation and signed it off including Belle Vue

The fact that some lawyer has perhaps found a loophole in how it is drafted doesn't change the intention

The other factor could be cost - had the BSPL contested how many thousands more would've been drained from the sport given Belle Vues decision to "go legal"

Perhaps the monetary cost even to be successful in defending the decision just couldn't be justified

Shame on Belle Vue (and may every plague on biblical proportions befall you ;):P)

Possibly similar to the Case with S Nicholls being allowed to race in Championship as well as Premiership. Down to money & battling lawyers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadowfax said:

010.3.1 Cut Off Date No team changes will be allowed after 28th August with the effective date being 31st August. Except riders returning to the team after injury who must re-take their position, dictated by their MA, with their replacement being released. The BSPA Directors monitor all proposed moves and have the sole responsibility to approve all re-declared teams, having been satisfied they are in the best interests of the sport. 

Where does this imply that Belle Vue are allowed to make a team change

ask lawyer who gave the correct answer :party:

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

And all promotions would've sat at the AGM and agreed that this is what was meant by by the regulation and signed it off including Belle Vue

The fact that some lawyer has perhaps found a loophole in how it is drafted doesn't change the intention

The other factor could be cost - had the BSPL contested how many thousands more would've been drained from the sport given Belle Vues decision to "go legal"

Perhaps the monetary cost even to be successful in defending the decision just couldn't be justified

Shame on Belle Vue (and may every plague on biblical proportions befall you ;):P)

don't forget to pick your toys & dummy up from your pram :rofl:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Not a chance in hell. 

lambert & bewley average combinded 17.4  zagar / fricke 17.1so not a lot of difference for next season :party:

Edited by NSS1

1 minute ago, NSS1 said:

lambert & bewley average combinded 17.7 zagar / kurtz 71.1 so not a lot of difference for next season :party:

That's a hell of a difference,,, 54 ish

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Why I wonder did Dan Bewley not sign for BV?

not hard is it :rofl: average higher than fricke :rolleyes: but don't worry he will be next season along with lambert :party:

57 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Why I wonder did Dan Bewley not sign for BV?

14 minutes ago, Bash said:

Couldn't Ipswich bring in BZ to replace Starke tonight as I'm sure his average when he rode for Birmingham isn't that high, then he could have 7 rides;)

That was a good few years ago and also believe he only rode a handful of meetings. So total different scenarios

45 minutes ago, Haza said:

Great for a neutral I agree and great for British speedway - but were was he when the British final was run ? And had his Polish team wanted him he’d not be In Manchester tonight that for sure . Make no mistake he’s here for one reason only Robert Lamberts bank balance- doesn’t care about Belle Vue or British speedway or he’d signed for Belle Vue back in March 

So there is money in British Speedway, even if he has a "mare & scores only 4 or 5. :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I'm wondering if Holder can pick up a toe injury tonight,,, they can then bring BZ95 in

They can if his average fits.

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

That's a hell of a difference,,, 54 ish

give you that one typer error getting to excited about our new addition for now & next season :rofl:

Having a rule that bans a team from replacing a long term injury victim at any point in the season is bad. IMO. 

Having a rule that bans a team from bringing in a ringer near the play offs is good. IMO

Now I know most on here think replacing a lad in hospital isn’t for them but I don’t agree with it, for any team. If Jason got injured I’d love to see Ipswich follow the rules as we did and sign Dan for the rest of the year. 

Hopefully the Kings Lynn away match will go ahead with a few more bums on seats as the prodigal son returns. You’re welcome Buster.