British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue v Ipswich Play off semi 2nd leg 3 Oct

8 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

What’s the ticket prices nowadays at Belle Vue, and the car parking charge please?

Depends if you want to stand or sit, I suspect prices will be £2 higher for final when they released after Thursday meeting.

https://www.bellevue-speedway.com/admission

Parking is £3, two car parks, one must be pre booked and other is pay on gate. 

12 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

The August no team changes rule is still there. It even says the only team change can be a rider returning from injury. 

There's no mention of August in the 2022 Regulations.  It simply says:

"A Premiership Transfer Window opens after 25% of the League fixtures are complete and closes when 75% of League fixtures are complete. This permits changes to the team on 2 occasions, except for proven long term injury."

8 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

There's no mention of August in the 2022 Regulations.  It simply says:

"A Premiership Transfer Window opens after 25% of the League fixtures are complete and closes when 75% of League fixtures are complete. This permits changes to the team on 2 occasions, except for proven long term injury."

010.3.1 Cut Off Date No team changes will be allowed after 28th August with the effective date being 31st August. Except riders returning to the team after injury who must re-take their position, dictated by their MA, with their replacement being released. 

This is from the 2022 Regulations

What you have quoted is when the transfer window is applicable

Edited by shadowfax
posted before finishing
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 9:00 PM, Mr. Clemens said:

I tried my best but 10 heats of a foregone conclusion was enough for me

I think it was the fake enthusiasm of Kelvin Tatum that did it for me 

Absolutely spot on!!...I gave up after 6 heats, any "neutral" who managed to sit through that whole farce with any enthusiasm deserves a medal!.......or alternatively, locking up!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, shadowfax said:

010.3.1 Cut Off Date No team changes will be allowed after 28th August with the effective date being 31st August. Except riders returning to the team after injury who must re-take their position, dictated by their MA, with their replacement being released. 

This is from the 2022 Regulations

What you have quoted is when the transfer window is applicable

Oops! Missed that (a search for "August" didn't find it!).

Even so, there's no obvious reason why the statement in the transfer window paragraph about long-term injury can't be applied - especially when you add the second paragraph from 010.3.1:

"The BSPA Directors monitor all proposed moves and have the sole responsibility to approve all re-declared teams, having been satisfied they are in the best interests of the sport."

No doubt whatsoever that the two Regulations make it ambiguous and are open to (mis)interpretation.

No change there then!

58 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

Absolutely spot on!!...I gave up after 6 heats, any "neutral" who managed to sit through that whole farce with any enthusiasm deserves a medal!.......or alternatively, locking up!!!

Speedway is speedway though. That’s part of the reason we watch 

17 hours ago, GAH said:

If you say so :nono: why do promoters treat and think fans are dumb the big secrets etc when the  fans pay everyone's wages and promoters always tell the truth don't  they :nono:

Why do you carry on, when you have obviously lost the argument.

1 hour ago, ytsejam said:

B Zmazlik won the World Title at Malila. Speedway fans still watched and enjoyed Torun.

• Like 1